Changes to the Quota Re-Issue process

Discuss all your Wilderness Management Areas here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

blackpowderscout
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by blackpowderscout » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:53 pm

Got this in an email today:
Dear Florida hunter:

This is to let you know about a change regarding the processes the FWC uses to reissue returned quota permits. In light of the popularity of public hunting opportunities in Florida, combined with the recent difficulties with the first-come, first-served processes for reissuing returned quota permits, we have reviewed the Recreational Licensing Issuance Services (RLIS) system and considered customer feedback and needs. Based on the desire to best serve our stakeholders, we have decided to now reissue returned quota permits by random drawing. This new process will begin this Saturday, September 6.

¨ The process for returning quota permits will remain the same – hunters may return permits online ten or more days in advance of the hunt. All permits returned Saturday through Friday will be available in each weekly reissue period.

¨ The Permit Availability webpage will show all permits as they are returned, just as it always has. Each Saturday, hunters can see all hunts available to apply for by looking at the “Available Quota” column.

¨ The application periods for the weekly quota reissues will be Saturday at 12:00 noon Eastern time through Tuesday at 12:00 noon Eastern time.

¨ Standard quota rules and exemptions apply. Only one application per permit type may be submitted per customer, with up to five choices per application.

¨ Applications may be submitted online at License.MyFWC.com or at a license agent.

¨ Random drawings will be conducted on Tuesday afternoons, and results will be posted by 10:00 a.m. on Wednesdays.

¨ Any permits that are leftover after each week’s drawings will be available on a first-come, first-served basis from Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. through Friday.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as our agency has worked through these changes to make this process as fair as possible for our stakeholders.

Best of luck this season, and thank you for hunting in Florida!

FWC Office of Licensing and Permitting

FWC Division of Hunting and Game Management
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

born2hunt
Assistant Patrol Leader

Re: Changes to the Quota Re-Issue process

Post by born2hunt » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:59 pm

:toast
I got the email as well. I was wondering how long it was going to take them to get it right .I have pulled some good permits in the years past but this year has been nothing less than a huge cluster... Permits will still be very hard to get but at least we wont have to deal with their freakin crap system crashing every Tue. morning. and it should be fair to everyone, not just the ones that have access to high speed internet at that time of morning on a week day. We will see but I think any thing is better than the mad rush thats been going on.

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by DONY1 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:27 am

This change sucks as far as I'm concerned. Instead of holding the vendor responsible they change the system without any real input. FWC told me they expect 70-90,000 people to apply weekly now. Might as well buy lottery tickets at the same time you put in for quotas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpowderscout

Post by blackpowderscout » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:34 am

Lol, you must have talked to one of their biologists. They love to make up numbers.

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

born2hunt
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by born2hunt » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:19 pm

DONY1 wrote:This change sucks as far as I'm concerned. Instead of holding the vendor responsible they change the system without any real input. FWC told me they expect 70-90,000 people to apply weekly now. Might as well buy lottery tickets at the same time you put in for quotas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree for sure that the odds are gonna suck and they should hold the vendor responsible for making it work but they wont and we suffer. It worked pretty good for a few years and I pulled some great hunts but this year has been a joke. Heck , all I ask for is a fair shot and with the system crashing or hanging up every week we aint getting it. If they could make it right I would say go for it, but untill then I think this will at least be fair regardless of what the odds are.

Kortsman
Star Scout

Post by Kortsman » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:12 pm

What sucks is that this method isn't even working right.
I see there are 2 permits available for a certain hunt on the Permit Availability screen, but it's not showing up as an option to for me to submit my entry. What's up with that!

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:14 pm

Well we were crashing there web site i actually think i have a better chance this way.

Kortsman
Star Scout

Post by Kortsman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:19 pm

I figured out my problem. I already had the permit that I was eyeballing. That's why it didn't show up when I logged in.
I understand the reason for making the change, but I really don't like the change. The past few years I've been able to hunt a WMA that has low quotas, at least twice a year. Now I think the chances of pulling that permit has gone down and I'll have to rely on preference points more than anything. We'll see...

blackpowderscout

Post by blackpowderscout » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:49 am

I just re-submitted for some. I'll withhold judgement on the new process until after the drawing. But it was nice not being rushed and actually having time to double check dates and such instead of just picking what sounded good as fast I could.

NRA Life

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:37 am

I had a GG & Archery for the WMA I wanted, I was surprised to see a BP and GG left in Phase 4 for my area so I reapplied.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:01 pm

This is way is better than it use to be. Truthfully i say its fare so people who have to work and cant get to a computer for the debauchery of who has the fastest net for gone in 2 seconds.

For me i like to see gator changed with so many applying and not buying them it should change. It would be simple to find who really wants to gator hunt Round one every one applies those who are awarded a permit weather they buy or not are out. Then they redraw all those who did not. Then after that is round 2.

These are all permits that people turned back in.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:27 am

Unsuccessful on everything
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

born2hunt
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by born2hunt » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:17 am

Not jack :crap: between five of us . Oh Well.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:19 am

I didn't get selected for the last 2 either. Does anyone else show their anterless deer selection still pending?
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

blackpowderscout

Post by blackpowderscout » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:53 pm

I got 2! Another GG and a ML. HAHA!!

NRA Life

Return to “WMA FORUM”