ANYONE WITH EXP WITH NOSLER ACCUBONDS

Discuss Reloading your ammo and your gear used to reload here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

nachogrande
Wood Badger

ANYONE WITH EXP WITH NOSLER ACCUBONDS

Post by nachogrande » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:14 am

I've been using partitions forever with great results but they are not a boattail type and have an opportunity for some longer shots. was thinking of trying the 7mm08 with the nosler 140gr spitzer boat tail accubond, which has a balistic tip that I don't care for but honestly haven't given them another chance in a long time. partitions are no trouble hitting a 4" spinner at 200 yds and in the kill zone to 300, but would like to see just how far I can reach out and keep em in a kill zone. or should I just leave very good alone. for an 18" bbl and 5x scope I may be expecting too much. + they are on sale for like 23$ for # 50, cheaper than partitions.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: ANYONE WITH EXP WITH NOSLER ACCUBONDS

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 am

nacho grande wrote:or should I just leave very good alone.
^^THIS
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

omegafoo
scout

Post by omegafoo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:36 pm

I haven't been impressed with the Accubonds. A friend used them on two hogs - both head shots - but the entrance was the size of the bullet (.270) and exited the size of the tip of my pinky finger or just a little bit smaller. I shot a deer with the Federal factory loads and also has small entrance and exit wounds. I hand loaded some accubonds in my .270 and let a buddy use it - same results.

I switched to the Barnes TSX, which I'm pretty sure Allen uses as too. Devistating. But, if you've got the Noslers dialed in, I wouldn't mess with it!

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:59 pm

175 + yds from my stand to the feeder and possibly much longer shots/closer too. in 30+ years hunting I've never shot at anything over app 80-90 yds, most less thsn 40.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Return to “RELOADING FORUM”