re-loader in full progress

Discuss Reloading your ammo and your gear used to reload here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

nachogrande
Wood Badger

re-loader in full progress

Post by nachogrande » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:35 am

well since selling 75% of my guns and my 7mm08 being worked on and out of ammo and nice cool weather. I decided on getting out to the garage and load some up. 1 tip for you, don't leave brass in an un air conditioned garage for 8 years, it's almost black. some I had to tumble twice with brass polish. out of 500 rounds I've thrown out less than 10 with dents or small cracks in necks. first time ever I want them ALL trimmed at the same time, neck sized (fire formed). got 100 rounds of 7mm nosler flat points (leftovers) that shoot pretty good and another 100 partitions on the way. want to have 200 primed and ready to go and the rest stored better in a/c and hope to NEVER have to trim them again. next to work on a load for a new to me 357 ruger speed six 2 3/4" bbl trail gun with fixed sights thats throwing 140 gr bullets high/left. hopefully a heavier bullet, trying 158 gr will bring them down, will try 180 gr if I have to. front sight I'll try and drift/bend to bring em back to right side. trying to fix it with the load first before messing with the gun.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

fishindad
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: re-loader in full progress

Post by fishindad » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:30 pm

Interesting. I did not know that shells would do that. Good to note.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

kc45
Troop Bugler

Post by kc45 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:16 am

Be very careful with brass polishers as they may containe ammonia.
Ammonia will weaken the brass.
You can use small amounts of paint thinner in the media to clean dirty brass.

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:09 pm

this brass polish is made for use in tumblers specificaly for riflle/pistol brass, and it works good. need to use a DRY lube to help keep them from tarnishing and keep em in a plastic bag in a sealed can/plastic container in the a/c and they should last forever. be carefull with liquid oil cuz it will kill primers real easy if they come in contact with wet oil.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Return to “RELOADING FORUM”