New computer

Post up any site problems or suggestions here. You can also post questions if your having trouble with the forums functions.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

New computer

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:17 am

Had to bite the bullet and get a new laptop this morning. My other one was slowing down badly, and finally wouldn't turn on today.
Running Windows 8 on here. What is the latest and greatest browser? Had google chrome forever, but wife said I should go try Firefox (I used it years ago). Tried loading the forum on Firefox, and when I logged in, it logged me back out as soon as I tried to click on 'view active topics'. Working fine now on Chrome.....
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Re: New computer

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:21 pm

My buddy just got a Windows 8 laptop a couple of months ago. He is using firefox with no issues on his end. He is what I would consider a power user, a lot of proprietary software and high end graphics work. He likes the operating system a lot but hates the metro/tile interface. He got an app called Start 8 that brings the Windows 7 desktop back from start up which keeps him happy.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:02 pm

I just got my first virus the other day, the FBI. now my malware and other firewalls are getting hits like crazy. must be a lot of virus's going around now. even the banks are giving out warnings. I heard yahoo is pretty corrupt and G-mail would be better. or get a mac. I dunno.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:18 pm

nachogrande wrote:or get a mac. .
No thank you.

I fixed my log in issue, and am getting the hang of Winders 8. Pretty slick
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Return to “THE FORUM ITSELF”