Where are some places out of florida that you want to hunt.

This is a forum for those of you who live out of florida, are moving to florida, or just dont live in the sunshine state and want to take part in the forums!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

lamehawk
Silver Contributer
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by lamehawk » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:12 pm

I also want to get to Washington my buddy lives there and goes out for blktail deer and elk!
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:30 pm

My son is in Mooresville, NC. so I would want to be in that area. That way if I was not huntting I could spend time with the grandkids
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:09 pm

Mooresville is about 20 miles north of Charlotte, on the east side of Lake Norman. If I remember right, Lake Norman has some awesome striper and lgb fishing! One of my clients lives up around Greensboro about 50 miles northeast of there and he's talked about fishing Lake Norman. He's a builder and his family has owned lots of land up there since the early 1800s! He killed two 10pt bucks 15 minutes from his house, and a 450lb bear with a bow from the top of a house in a subdivision he was developing. The bear had been getting into the trash and sleeping in the house, crapping all over.

We used to hunt deer at a lease between Kinston and Newbern, NC. That's where I killed my first deer. There were several sweet tater farms and some good cornfields. At night you could drive out by the cornfields and shine a spotlight and see 2 or 3 bears out there chowing down! The next day out in the woods you'd see these huge piles of bear scat that looked like a mound of corn kernels covered in shellac!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:19 am

Yep, that would be the Mooresville that I'm talking about. I would like to hit lake Norman and wet a line.
Mooresville is the ultimit redneck town. Alot of nascar teams have their headquarter's and their homes in that area.
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:04 am

That would be me. :grin:

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:28 am

lucky you!

P'duck
Assistant Patrol Leader

Re: Where are some places out of florida that you want to hunt.

Post by P'duck » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:45 am

Idaho for elk. Canada or Alaska somewhere for Moose, Caribou and Black Bear. Otherwise I have been there already. We hunt Kentucky, Texas and Illinois each year for deer, hogs, exotics, turkey and waterfowl.

graybellplumb
Junior Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by graybellplumb » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:33 pm

I've hunted in south ohio and was wondering what in the world am I doing here where its 20-30 degrees out and I could be in fl huntin' in short sleeves. I would like to try NC. the tags I think aren't that bad and my cousin lives in greenville,sc

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout

Post by houseofmicah » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:36 pm

south carolina has some decent deer, you can go there and get a lease fairly reasonably and the out of state fees arent bad.

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:45 am

When I was driving home from Mo I met a man at at gas station who had two giant mule deer racks in his truck. He said he killed them in Nebraska.Said there's also lots of big whitetails there also.I have hunted in NY,PA,Mo,Wy,Al,GA,Mi,Wis,and Fl.If I ever have enough time and money I'd like to visit all fifty states and hunt there.I think I'm going back to Mo next year for a bigger buck and my son gets one more season for free.

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:31 am

New Zealand for red stag and fly fishing for trout, but I hear you get the most bang for your buck in Africa, cheaper then hunting a guided trip out west. and definately Alaska for moose, caribou,ptarmigan,salmon/trout/halibut
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

flhuntfish
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by flhuntfish » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:26 am

Ive been to Alaska before but not for hunting and would love to go back for that though :2guns Saw lots of game up there

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:33 pm

nacho grande wrote:New Zealand for red stag and fly fishing for trout, but I hear you get the most bang for your buck in Africa, cheaper then hunting a guided trip out west. and definately Alaska for moose, caribou,ptarmigan,salmon/trout/halibut
I'm with you on the Alaska for hunting and fishing. I see ol' Larry Czonka's show every now and then and get a strong urge to head northwest!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

kemster99
Eagle Scout

Post by kemster99 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:29 am

I've hunted Wa, Id, Or, Mi, Fl and of course Ga. gonna go turkey hunting in Texas this spring. Alaska would be cool, been there a few times. never to hunt. Really i'm content with where i'm hunting now. wouldn't mind a return trip back home to Mi.
#### Who's your daddy----Hunt Team####

Papa_J
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by Papa_J » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:34 pm

New Zealand for red stag. Northern Ontario Canada for monster big woods bucks, New Mexico for Elk, and Alaska for moose.

Return to “BEYOND FLORIDA!”