My freekin luck!

This is a forum for those of you who live out of florida, are moving to florida, or just dont live in the sunshine state and want to take part in the forums!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

lamehawk
Silver Contributer
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

My freekin luck!

Post by lamehawk » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:43 pm

They guy next door had put his cottage house up for sale now!
His place is somewhat better than mine he has a garage and 2 bedrooms but home is smller than mine.He also has shared pier with me but does not own private lake access like I do.

No the kicker he bought the house for $34000 put several thousand into it and has it listed for $27900.That makes 5 small cottages on my street for sale now what a bummer!

I just dont have the money to dress up my place for better appeal and I will have to lower my selling price below his.Just not sure what to do now................."pulling what little hair out that I had left"lol!
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:02 pm

You might be better off sitting on it for another year. Unless you just really want to sell or need to sell, you may lose your butt.
Have you thought about renting it out? I am stuck with a home I own cause I would lose my underwear trying to sell now and am now renting it

With lake access you might be able to rent it easily......
Just a thought
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:17 pm

My father owns the home and he will allow me to sell it to buy something in Florida.We did rent it before for $425 per month but he says No more renting it out which yes I would like to do that right now!!

I had a good renter set up to do so but father said no way because "he says" I dont know what I am doing.Control issues,lol!

It is a small cottage home paid for in full so he could sell for a small loss and still come out ok.He bought the place for $20 grand and him and I have put in around $5000 total into the place.He could use the loss as a tax write off because he has another rental"seasonal only" directly on the water that they use here and there when not rented out.

I have tried to work it out with him as in rent this out for $349 per month ($349 1st $349 last month and a $250 damage deposit)and renter pays util,gas,phone and sewage.The $49 covers tax and ins on the place and I could use the rest for my rent/payment down there either on lot purchase or apartment trailer or campground....!
I want to save up some of the rent as a maintenance account for the house for repairs if needed then after that the $300 goes to me.He says NO way!

Just in my camper!

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:11 pm

you cant even get a shithole in the ghetto with a drug dealer and hookers downstairs for 20 grand down here..

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:56 pm

I have found a few ok places C r0ck that are fixer uppers thats what I am looking for unless it would be an recreational use lot.All the places I looked at back in 07 and of course those have sold but ones always open up all the time.The area's I have been to and looked is the Panama city Bay county region.

Just in my camper!

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:46 am

trust me dude anything for under 150 are shart holes.. pictures do no justice.

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:21 pm

Yes I know pic's dont show all the stuff but I have gone and looked at several places and found a few good ones in the mix.I dont need nor do I want a real nice house a cheap old trailer would do me just fine.

Just in my camper!

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:30 pm

This is kind of what I am talking about C r0ck!

Just in my camper!

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:34 pm

o ok.

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:21 pm

I just need a roof over head and a yard for my dogs I dont need much.Also my vehicle cant tow a large trailer but if it could I would find a good campground that allowed big dogs heck I would just live that way.

That is one of the reasons I am looking for a recreationla use zoned lot they allow trailers/rv's to be placed on the lot.I know of 3 of these lots by panama cty area for sale.

I would also chance just putting a travel trailer on a lot and living then in time adding septic well and electric as I have said I dont need much.

Just in my camper!

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:35 pm

Parts of the Big Bend and the panhandle are the only places in Florida left for that kind of living. Might be a strip of that life left along the west side of the upper St John's river, just east of the Ocala Forest. But man it's getting harder and harder to find real, affordable country life!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm

Yeah so many rules of how we have to live on our own land.I do understand proper sewage containment that I can get around but it is the type of enclosier structure building I have to have that bothers me.I am looking into buying one of those small 350 sq ft cabins also.

Just in my camper!

Return to “BEYOND FLORIDA!”