Brazil - San Paulo Fishing Guide Reccomendations

This is a forum for those of you who live out of florida, are moving to florida, or just dont live in the sunshine state and want to take part in the forums!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

fishindad
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Brazil - San Paulo Fishing Guide Reccomendations

Post by fishindad » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:55 am

Any of you folks out there have any fishing guide recommendations for around the San Paulo, Brazil area? I have a trip coming up.

Fishindad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Re: Brazil - San Paulo Fishing Guide Reccomendations

Post by GoodOyster » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:48 pm

I recommend you hire someone from the local area! :D

Sure sounds like fun, hope you have a blast! They have some fish down there that make alligators look harmless!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:10 pm

What will you be fishing for? A guy in the shop had some friends down there after peacock.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:37 pm

I used to have alot of contacts for fishing in Panama and Costa Rica from when I was stationed there 1992-1995. Find a local guide and if you throw him a little extra cash once your in the boat in the beginnning he will make your trip extremely worthwhile... Now don't get spoiled since fishing for Peacock Bass in Central and South America will ruin you. On an average day in a 16' Jon boat with three guys, fishing the canal and lakes connected to the Panama canal, if we didn't pull back in around 12:00 noon with over 100 fish it was a bad day. If they were under a pound, we threw them back... It ruined me... The last two years I was stationed there me and another Sergeant ran a little cash guiding business on Saturday's an never paid for a boat, fuel, food, drink, bait, or beer and charged $25.00 per person in the boat... We used to rent the Jon boats and motors from the Army's Morale, Welfare, and Recreation and always had someone waiting at the launch to "pay for our day" and put a few dollars in our pocket. It ruined me.... $.05 each to have the fish cleaned, filleted, and put in your cooler on ice by the locals at the launch. Fishing was never the same after that...

Return to “BEYOND FLORIDA!”