Returned/ reissued qoutas

All the info you need on FWC with links!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Returned/ reissued qoutas

Post by Bossman » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:45 am

Does any have a clue as to how this new reissue system works? I guess that it is so now that they haven't had a chance to rework the "FWC" web site. I even called the help desk last week trying to figure out how and the man-"PERSON"on the other end of the phone didn't even have a clue. He started out saying that is is all first come first serve. When he told me that creditibility went way down. This new system might work wonders just explain to the average hunter how it works.

:saluting
Bossman

blackpowderscout
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Re: Returned/ reissued qoutas

Post by blackpowderscout » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:31 am

Did it change this year?
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:36 am

I just know that it doesn't come on a first come first serve basis anymore

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Bossman

blackpowderscout
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by blackpowderscout » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:43 am

I think it is still the beginning of each week at around 10 am or thereabouts the available ones are posted and it is indeed first come first served for those. But they can go quick. So where it says next available at the far end of the chart it means that's what will be posted next week. There's slim pickings right now but some places have a couple.
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:22 am

It is my understanding that all reissues now are completed by a drawing each week. and the listing on the far right is what will be drawn next week. My thing is when can you apply and when do they post the following results. It might be easer system once everybody knows how it works. But FWC help desk wasn't really up to speed.

Bossman

born2hunt
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by born2hunt » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:02 pm

You can apply from Saturday to Tuesday, I think 10:00-10. What you see in the available section is what you're shooting for, the far right column is for the following drawing. The drawing results are posted on Wednesday. It's not first come first serve but actually pretty simple once you get the idea of it. The only thing good about it is that everyone has the same chance. Not just guys sitting at a desk with high speed Internet.

trouttouter
Troop Guide

Post by trouttouter » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:37 am

Thank you! I couldn't find anything on how this was working this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Re: RE: Re: Returned/ reissued qoutas

Post by Bossman » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:35 pm

trouttouter wrote:Thank you! I couldn't find anything on how this was working this year.

Pretty sad when the FWC help desk can't even help

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Bossman

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:43 pm

Fwc is not good at dealing with change at all!!

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom.

betio
scout

Post by betio » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:10 pm

Ok it works like this....saturdays at noon you can start applying for hunts in the "available for reissue" column. You have until 10am Tuesday to apply then they have the drawing around 5 that afternoon. Most of the the time you will know the results that evening.....worse case before 10am Wednesday. If there are any permits left over from the draw they become first come first serve at 10am Wednesday. After this, permits start building up in the " available for next reissue" column and become available to apply for again on Saturday. This process will go on throughout the season. Note: no permits can be returned within ten days before a hunt, hence there will be no redraw for that particular hunt. This reissue process has been going on since july 8th and i have managed to pull three hunts this way. Still some shady stuff going on.....permits showing available and next day they vanish before the weekly draw but every week there are multiple good opportunity's

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:45 am

Glad to get a little clarity on just how everything works. I've peiced milled most of the facts together, but still didn't know that they did first come first serve on left overs. I would have thought that they would have rolled over into the next week. I've put in for several hunts with no luck so far. I'll keep pluging at it to see if I happen to luck up on one. Seems like it is a fair way to go about it. At least it keeps the desk jockeys from getting them all.

Bossman

trouttouter
Troop Guide

Post by trouttouter » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:08 pm

Thanks again. Applied for a few hunts on Saturday.

betio
scout

Post by betio » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:50 pm

Another thing....i always apply for the first four days archery in citrus. So this year i applied for it in phase 1 and got it of course. Well the fwc this year is giving you your preference point back, plus an additional point for any permits you return from phase 1. I had noticed the volume of tags being returned on this particular hunt so i turned mine back in and just picked it back up on a reissue. Just shedding some light on how you can play this new system. Cheers!

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:31 am

That may work for some quotas but when you're applying for quotas that only have 50 or less quotas I'd say it ain't worth the chance. I've applied for 20 or so reissues with no luck so far.

Bossman

betio
scout

Post by betio » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:02 pm

Agree and chances are any wma with 50 quotas or less that you get

Return to “FWC”