Preference Status

All the info you need on FWC with links!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Stonehenge
Assistant Patrol Leader

Preference Status

Post by Stonehenge » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:02 pm

Can someone explain what the "Preference Status" is and how it works. Thanks in advance.
Do your best and forget the rest.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Preference Status

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:12 pm

In lamen's terms:

When you apply for a quota permit, if you do not get drawn for a quota (gen gun, ml, archery, etc...), you are awarded a "preference point" in that category. Basically what that does is sorta puts you at the "head of the line" at the next years drawing. I believe you can accumulate 2 points. So if you collect preference points, it gives you a much higher probability of drawing one of these wma's that only give out a few permits
Hope that helps explain ut a bit.

http://www.myfwc.com/License/Hunt_Quota ... rawing.htm
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:29 pm

I'm finally starting to understand all that,back in the day it was first come first serve for a 9 day quota and a special quota.Most places you could bow hunt without any drawing.

Papa_J
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by Papa_J » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Sure wish it was that way again. There are a few places that I know of where you can hunt w/o quota, but very few.

smonk
scout

Post by smonk » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:25 pm

you can get more than 2 points i have 4 on GG right now. but i only put in for 1 hunt every year that has five hunters total so it will take some points to draw it.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:50 pm

smonk wrote:you can get more than 2 points i have 4 on GG right now. but i only put in for 1 hunt every year that has five hunters total so it will take some points to draw it.
You are correct. This thread is 2 1/2 years old, and the whole system has been redone since then. I believe you can get up to 5 pref points in each category
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:49 pm

have your lawyer call mine & let them work it out. I've been here for 10 yr's and hunting, HERE for 3-4 and still don't have a clue. totaly diff rules/regs/seasons for wma's 1 mile apart.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Return to “FWC”