Let's bring back Transferable permits

All the info you need on FWC with links!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Let's bring back Transferable permits

Post by TerribleTed » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:32 am

I have never wasted so many permits. since going transferable 2/3 of what my wife and I get go unused. Not that we don't try but I can say we don't have that last minuet to trade or give them to a friend. I can say it made me more of a firsts deer I see that legal I am shooting. I did not even gun hunt yet by the way it over. I have had a terrible year. We also lost out ability to run to the local wma Sunday afternoon and get a permit for the one night hunt.

Personally I rather see no permit required. Give me tags and land to open hunt

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:20 am

sorry Ted but that really burns my butt. I keep getting denied for my quota req's and you get several and don't even show up, or turn them back in, not right, and think you should go to the bottom of the draw list and give someone else a chance that will use them.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Yes but turning them back in is no good. I have but its useless. You have the permit and your ready to hunt and the week before something happens that you wont be able to go. (Had a good one toso me and my wife)
The permit is wasted even if sent back, because the hunt will be over before the next time there available to be drawn.

You know before when they were transferable I always picked up good permits in the second round now there's nothing left.

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:33 pm

well thanks for understanding. I don't understand if x # of people are allowed to hunt a wma that day and they don't show, why cant the person at the gate give those quotas away (as long as they are paid for), hell the state could even get paid twice for the same quota hunt. I don't think quotas should be refundable, maybe that would cut down on no shows. I understand things can come up last minute, just can't stand seeing a place sit empty when people would jump at the chance to get in.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:09 pm

most people will shot for a paid hunt.. and if they dont schedule to be wide open for a paid hunt then they live with it if they cant make it. Other draw quotas are regulated well. That stops a whole family from getting the draw and passing them out.

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:03 pm

I like it the way the have it now. I really like the way they split up bow, muzz, and g-gun. Back when permits were transferrable, when I DID get drawn for my favorite WMA it seems the same guys were always there every year. Now that its this way, I see one guy has found a way for his spouse to work the check station while their son rides up and down the roads and the husband is in there hunting every hunt too. But if that's the way they work it, oh well. Too funny.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:08 pm

The gamers will find a way to game it. Regardless
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Return to “FWC”