Lifetime Sportsman's License

All the info you need on FWC with links!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Lifetime Sportsman's License

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Tue May 24, 2011 8:38 pm

My son is turning 4 this weekend and I have been saving up to get him a lifetime license, this is my last chance to get it for the cheapest price possible. Lets face it, I only see fee's going up from here on out and I expect this to save me & him alot of money going forward. My question is to those that have purchased these in the past. Have you ever experienced changes in the FWC rules and regs where they are still getting in your pocket for additional $'s after you spent the lifetime fee?
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: Lifetime Sportsman's License

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue May 24, 2011 8:50 pm

You are grandfathered in for any future price increases once you buy it.
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Tue May 24, 2011 9:04 pm

I was worried that the FWC would create new categories similiar to deer permit fees that guys 5 years ago never had to purchase anyway. So previous lifetime holders do not even have to pay for those? My cynicism for politicians trying to fix budget deficits know no end!
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
EST 2013

cshunter1908
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by cshunter1908 » Tue May 24, 2011 9:07 pm

Is he going to have to take the hunter safety course before you can get it for him?
"Cursum Perficio" I accomplish the course.
Before all else, be armed. - Niccolo Machiavelli

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Tue May 24, 2011 9:12 pm

The FWC website tells me I have to purchase directly from the tax collectors office and I know they will require every piece of paperwork known to man. I am sure he will be required to take the course at a later date but the license does cover fishing as well and he is almost ready to sit still long enough to do that somehwhat effectively.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
EST 2013

fishindad

Post by fishindad » Tue May 24, 2011 9:16 pm

I have thought about getting one myself. Its pricey but I am getting a bit tired of paying all the fees. And yes... it exempts you from all the extra fees and what might be brought up as a fee later. Its sad when you have to start factoring in in around 20 years I wont need to pay for the basic licenses anymore. LOL.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Tue May 24, 2011 9:24 pm

At a $100/yr for a Gold sportsman license for an adult it seems like a deal but if you take into account the inevitable rise in fees coming in the future its going to be a much...much better deal.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
EST 2013

FISHORDIE
Tenderfoot

Post by FISHORDIE » Tue May 24, 2011 11:52 pm

I got the lifetime gold sportsmans lic I thought it was the smart choice money wise at least
(.Y.)

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Wed May 25, 2011 6:58 am

I don't know if I'd buy my kids one or not. My oldest boy always hunted with me now I can't pay him to.I think I'll wait till my twins get older and make sure they love hunting as much as me first. I'm to old for it to do me any good now. The cost of hunting is just getting rediculous,if it gets much higher I may just resort to outlawing.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed May 25, 2011 7:21 am

I am the same way. My son is so damn hyper he hasn't been able to sit still long enough to prove to me he has it in him yet. Ironically, I managed to kill a hog with him with me last year. That was after he completely disassembled every buckle on my back pack

Jeff, I don't think you gotta worry bout those two youngins of yours. I'd say they got it in their blood
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Wed May 25, 2011 7:53 am

I gotta say they have both done well sitting in stands with me,even the older when managed to kill 3 deer by the time he was 12. I brought Clay to Ga for a four day hunt last Oct and he sat sometimes 4 hrs in the blind with me and we never seen a deer,and he still jumped out of bed every morn to go back out. I'm praying the teenager finds a redneck girl who loves hunting so he'll come back with me. We talked about playing football this fall and Clay said he'd rather go hunting,that's what I wanted to hear.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Wed May 25, 2011 9:42 am

Growing up I did alot more fishing than hunting but during my last 2 years of high school and all 4 years in college I just never made the time to get on the water or was really interested to. Once I graduated, settled into a working lifestyle, all I wanted to do was get back out there and fish and eventually the itch to get back into the woods was too powerful to ignore.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
EST 2013

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Wed May 25, 2011 10:30 am

this year I get my "FREE" license.

ALTUCK
scout

Post by ALTUCK » Wed May 25, 2011 8:33 pm

My wife gave me one for our 25th wedding anniversary (good wife).
Paid for itself in 13 years and I have been huntin & fishin last six years for free.
He will be grandfathered on any new fees or price increases.
The other thing is the money is set aside in a trust fund to use for habitat and resources to ensure long term viability of hunting and fishing.

Altuck

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by DONY1 » Thu May 26, 2011 5:43 am

I've been thinking of getting one for myself for a few years now but never want to pony up that much when it's time. Even at 45 I think it's well worth it considering I get one every year anyways. How many of you guys got the lifetime license?

Return to “FWC”