FWC WMA Survey

All the info you need on FWC with links!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

FWC WMA Survey

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:55 pm

Got one in the mail today for the 1st time, logged in with my personal ID# and was all set to give them the business on what I really thought. Wouldn't you know it, the WMA I hunted last year is not on the list. Its a walk on type WMA, no quota permit needed at any time. Has anyone else had this happen? You would think they would want to know about all of the land within their control.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Re: FWC WMA Survey

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:54 am

some is ran by dept of forestry.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:29 am

I stopped by the Division of Forestry to get the scoop on a WMA I want to hunt this year. Those people are not very happy that people are hunting in this particular forest. They were not very forthcoming with info or really wanted to help at all. They felt like a forest reserved for hikers, mountain bikers, conservationists and horse back riders should not be allowed to be hunted. More than once they whined that FWC should have responsiblility for this domain and not them. They should be happy they still have a job.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
EST 2013

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:59 am

Which one was it? Lemme know so I can go be a pain in their a$$ if not too far from me!!

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:26 pm

I stopped by the Forestry office on Snow Hill to inquire about the Kilbee tract located in the Little Big Econ Forest. It's my understanding that it has been expanded and will offer a southern entrance for the 1st time.

Another thing that burns my a**, because the river bisects the WMA and is not considered a part of it and is considered sovereign land, you should be allowed to hunt between the markers based upon the state hunting laws but when I inquired about this, I was told specifically "tell it to the judge" we have Forestry, FWC, Seminole County all patrolling that corridor. They all interpret it differently. For a river that right now has troubles floating canoes, I find that hard to believe. I personally think they only want people hunting the area if they enter by vehicle and vehicles are only allowed during hunting season.

I would like to outfit a canoe and enter the WMA in this manner, makes for alot shorter walk for sure. Or atleast hunt the river when season is here if I do not get drawn for a quota permit.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
EST 2013

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:50 pm

alot of peta freaks on dept of forestry and believe it or not working for fwc. It sucks.. they make it so hard to hunt. thats why we all stand strong and go hunt there and skin em for all to see!!

Return to “FWC”