Phase 3 permits

All the info you need on FWC with links!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Re: Phase 3 permits

Post by nachogrande » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:28 am

nobody likes a show off,lol. wasn't hard for me either once I found an intelligent,knowledgeable,courteous and customer helpful employee at Walmart, shouldn't be to hard to find one again next year. in case I can't does that mean you're willing to do quotas for those of us on the short bus?
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by TerribleTed » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:20 am

For those that are not as informed and think its my mistake Here was the fwc reply THERE IS NO WRITTEN RULE.

There is no written rule, it is how the permitting system is programmed. We have written instructions on how to print your permit from the web. http://myfwc.com/license/limited-entry- ... ur-permit/ It states in several locations that the permit is available online for five days with no reference to any phase or to opening a permit. Self printing permits are new and it is obvious from your comments that the instructions we provided were not clear enough for you to successfully print your Phase III permits. We will take your comments and attempt to edit the print instructions to make them more clear.

Mr. Lolo
Second Class Scout

Post by Mr. Lolo » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:47 pm

TerribleTed wrote:For those that are not as informed and think its my mistake Here was the fwc reply THERE IS NO WRITTEN RULE.

It states in several locations that the permit is available online for five days with no reference to any phase or to opening a permit. Self printing permits are new and it is obvious from your comments that the instructions we provided were not clear enough for you to successfully print your Phase III permits. We will take your comments and attempt to edit the print instructions to make them more clear.
Good to know. You almost got had me convinced that the rule of 5 days to print was applicable only to phase 3.
TerribleTed wrote:
Mr. Lolo wrote:
TerribleTed wrote:not my question.

My question is were does it say anything about phase 3 that when you apply you only have 5 days after to print your permit.

I see and completely understand the part if i go down load or open the PDF, i then have a limited time but this i have never done. Phase 3 permits are the only permit you have to print with in 5 days of applying for. I like for some one to show this to me any were on any part of the FWC page.

All permits, no matter the phase, once downloaded (opened from the licensing system) disappear after 5 days of “opening the file” not after “applying for the permit”, two different things. The 5 day apply for all phases, not only phase 3, therefore you are not finding, no one will find, the specific 5 day limit for phase 3. I know that last year they had a communication about this, and probably if you search the system you’ll find it.

My experience from previous years as well as this year, during Phase III, they will either mail to you (I got one last week that I didn’t download), or you pick online. I’ve taken both options before, but as far as I know you can’t have both. In other words, if you got a quota during phase 3 and went online and opened the PDF, it automatically stay in the system for 5 days. Is like you telling FWC “don’t send it to me, I already got it, save your stamp, envelop and printing paper”. If you didn’t download, like I do sometimes, it is mailed to you. But again, I don’t think they do it twice as it will make no sense.

Confusing, yes, unnecessary, probably, are they the smartest people on earth?, who knows…

Now, I’m no expert, so probably someone else can pitch in.

Yes if you went and looked at your permit but for phase 3 ( this is no were in any literature that i can find) it is from when you applied.

you don't have to look at it. Just that from when you apply you have 5 day from then to print it. (if you saved it)

So when you click the send and close you may have just dumped your permit. Its an automatic response. Dosent mater if you recived it or not.
Follow my hunting adventures with Twitter: @lolo_hunter

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by DONY1 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:52 pm

That sucks Ted. I understand what you're saying. I knew about the 5 day period after you opened it but not that you only had 5 days from when you applied for phase 3. I guess that's cause you automatically got the permit when you applied. I've never applied for phase 3 before so if it's any consolation we all learned from you on this one. Like Allen, I actually like the way I can save the file and reprint when I can't find the other one I printed. I just reprinted this morning all of mine and my buddies for the season along with all of the WMA brochures. I figure if I had to I could always remote access my computer and send it to any fax machine or even show it to the man on my Iphone if stopped and didn't have it with me ( left in the truck like always ).

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:23 pm

I am just assholyness enough to be persistent.

When i apply phase 3 two lap top multiple 2 pages each and as soon as the clock drops it send close send and then the next use to work last year. To many doing it this year not one permit last Friday.

This rain sucked i did not get to hunt charles bronson on saturday. That permits wasted.

Deadeye
scout

Post by Deadeye » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:27 am

If anyone ever has a problem figuring out the system, you can go to any Wal Mart and they can do it for you. All you need is your hunt numbers, or in the case of mine we print out and keep a list of those too.

Takes but a few minutes and you can apply for all you want. Print out of any permits awarded is free... UNLESS it is one of those that have a fee set by the state (Relay, Ect.). You can also get a reprint of any current license or permit for usaully $2.50.

I have seen several folks that have looked at their permit on-line and then come to the store to get it printed, only to have it not show up in the system. Like others said, If you Open it the state system thinks you have claimed it and removes it from the available files to claimed files. I have had customers contact the FWC and get it re-set so we could print it for them, but usually they just pay the $2.50 for a re-print.

DISCLAIMER: At our store we have knowlegable people that know what they are doing, your store experience may differ. :tung

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:02 pm

THIS IS LAST YEARS POST.

Return to “FWC”