Hunters Safety Course

All the info you need on FWC with links!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

bottlerocket
scout

Hunters Safety Course

Post by bottlerocket » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:34 pm

So maybe it's just me, but the Florida hunting information on their site can be rather confusing at times. I am new to the area stationed at NAS Pensacola and trying to get my hunting licence. I understand I need to take a safety course before I can get a licence, but whats the best way to go about this? I saw the online classes they have available, but then there are other dates associated with those as well. Are you required to go out to a classroom as well as the online training or is there a way to just take the online class and then get your permit?

9dawgs

Re: Hunters Safety Course

Post by 9dawgs » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:23 pm

If you want the free course offered by the state you take the on-line part, print your completed certificate and go to a 3-4hr additional training that includes class time plus range time. It's all free. I'm taking my youngest son to one tomorrow. If you want to get one you better hurry and register because the classes fill up quick. Just check the FWC website for locations and times near you.

Hope this helps.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:33 pm

This one costs $24.95 and is very good. just did it with my step son and the field day was another $10.00 for ammo....

http://www.huntercourse.com/usa/florida/

If you have an out of state hunter safety card it's valid in FL and you can use it to buy a hunting license.

Also, they have a "Military Gold" license which covers every license and stamp, minus Fed Duck Stamp for Active and Retired Military for $20.00

Did 21 years US Army, and at 42 years old and having been stationed all over the world, 4 countries and 6 different states you are going to have to do you homework to hunt and fish anywhere you are stationed.

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:19 pm

My youngest son took the free course this morning here in Pinellas County. It entails taking the free online course offered on the FWC website and 4hrs of class time. The class time included, safety video and slide presentation,going to the range and shooting a 22, 20ga and compound bow and finishing up with a written test. We got there at 0730 and left at about 1130.

It's true about the $20 Military Gold Sportsman liscense for active & retired. That's the best deal around! It includes everything:(Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Deer, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits) (sold only at tax collector's office)

Return to “FWC”