howdy from the deep south

New member GREAT! introuduce your self here. tell a little about yourself.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Gator17
scout

Post by Gator17 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:10 pm

Hi guys,long time luer,member for almost 2 rs with only 1 post(yeah,don't lynch me). Time to introduce myself to the community. My name's Tim,I'm from Naples,almost 41yo,I love hunting,fishing,camping,hiking and anything outdoors.I'm a carpenter and I love my job,love to see creating things with my hands. That's it for now,can't think of anything else.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:28 pm

Welcome!

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom.

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Re: howdy from the deep south

Post by Bossman » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:49 pm

As you might have seen we don't cut any slack here... So where have you been? You have to speak you piece on here. Ok a little slack read and post at will...

:saluting
Bossman

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:13 pm

Howdy Gator17!
Haven't been in Naples since the late 60's, went to watch the swamp buggy races when my wife and I were very young and BC (before children). Beautiful country down that way. Hope you will share your outdoor experiences with us.
Treefarmer

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:39 am

Welcome :flag
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Gator17
scout

Post by Gator17 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:56 am

Thank you guys for the welcomings! I will post at will. Treefarmer,you're right. It's a beautiful country,but now you would not recognise it. Everything is build up,they keep building,not much free land left. It's sad.

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:10 am

Gator17 wrote:Thank you guys for the welcomings! I will post at will. Treefarmer,you're right. It's a beautiful country,but now you would not recognise it. Everything is build up,they keep building,not much free land left. It's sad.
Hey and welcome to the site Gator17. I agree with your "build up" quote above. Sadly that seems to be the mantra for most of Florida. I got an email from SwiftMud the other day asking for my "random" opinion on building in the Everglades. They went about it with a lot of slide shows and multiple choice questions that really didn't reflect ANYTHING I thought was good for the Everglades so at the end of the survey there was a "Comment" box and I let them have it. I told them to lock the gates at the borders and don't let anyone else into Florida that needed new housing that would have to intrude into the Everglades. I'm sure they got a good chuckle out of this old timers opinion... It's the young folks who need to stand up and be heard to change things because it's y'alls future. Seems like what the government thinks is "good" is all about increasing revenue.

Sorry for the rant.

Welcome aboard! :toast

Return to “NEWBIES FORMAL FORUM”