Hey

New member GREAT! introuduce your self here. tell a little about yourself.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

9dawgs

Hey

Post by 9dawgs » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Hey everyone, just checking in. I already posted in the "Newbies Start Here" link. Just thought I'd break out of the box and post here where evryone could see it.

Looking forward to seeing some good hunting pictures from this years hunt and hearing some great stories. I just got access to some land (150 ac) up in Liveoak that I hope to hunt this year. I've never hunted that part of Florida and I'm interested in what to expect. First glance showed some promising deer sign but it doesn't have a natural water source that I'm aware of and is surrounded by farms. The property is basically planted pines with about a 20 acre stand of hardwoods. As I get up there more often, I'll give some periodic reports. :>)

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Hey

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:52 pm

Welcome, and good luck. I hunt about +/~ 30 miles S. of there. The rut is usually around Halloween during muzzleloader, but was 2 weeks later this past season

If you have a hardwood stand on your property, you will have a good hard mast food source
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Welcome

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:29 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:Welcome, and good luck. I hunt about +/~ 30 miles S. of there. The rut is usually around Halloween during muzzleloader, but was 2 weeks later this past season

If you have a hardwood stand on your property, you will have a good hard mast food source
That's good to hear. I kind of figured the acorns would feed them well. Lord knows we've had the rain for it. Do you plant a feed plot on your property? I was toying with that idea. Of course I'd have to get a tractor, etc. It may just be easier to get someone to bushhog the rows between the pines first and put some corn out to see what happens. I don't have a game camera set up there yet but I'm going to try to head up before the month is out and set one or two up to see what wonders by. I'm also hoping to see some hogs up that way :>)

davedirt
Ordeal

Post by davedirt » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:43 pm

I wish I had 150 acers with out a lease payment. I hunt over to the west in madison co. and taylor co.
Should have plenty of game. you should set up a feeder.
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS
DUG IN TIGHTER THAN ALABAMA TICK

ROLL TIDE

Last year I was a hunter and not a harvester........

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:23 pm

davedirt wrote:I wish I had 150 acers with out a lease payment. I hunt over to the west in madison co. and taylor co.
Should have plenty of game. you should set up a feeder.
Yep, I'm gonna do it. I just found a nice homemade one that Iluvtohunt has built on the Deer Cam forum that will be easy to build and cost efficient. Can't wait to get it up there and set it up. :rockon

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Welcome
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:32 am

welcome. hunt, fish, and have fun, and pass it on to the next generation.. Thats my motto!

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:10 am

welcome to the site
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

Return to “NEWBIES FORMAL FORUM”