Generators

Discuss all your Camping and Recreation here. Campsites, Fees, Experiences.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Generators

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:44 am

Is there anything out there as quiet as a Honda? Looking for 3000 watts / 30 amps minimum for a used trailer I just picked up. Anyway way you can modify existing mufflers to quiet down some of these rattle traps?

Is there anyone out there running two (2) Honda EU2000i's hooked parallel, how are they working for you.

I am just looking for some options...
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: Generators

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:04 pm

Those little Honda's are nice. A guy in my old lease had one. He would crank it up and set it under our cook canopy, and you could carry on a normal conversation with it going. My full size generator, you need to put it about 100 yards down the road... I believe Northern Tool has a spinoff version of the for cheaper. Not positive though

You can also build a little house to put it in and shield the noise
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

down4dacount
Second Class Scout

Post by down4dacount » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:31 pm

Honda's are quiet but expensive . The Northern tool ones do come with a Honda engine but not as quiet . I use one I bought in Pep Boys , Chinese brand works perfect and pretty quiet . I keep mine right behind my camper next to my window . 3000 watt running , 3500 watt starting
Whack Em and Stack Em Pro Staff
ShotKam Prostaff
Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me

pandaxmx
Second Class Scout

Post by pandaxmx » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:33 pm

I have 2 Honda 2000's 1 is the 2000eu and the other is a 2000 , I use only 1 to run the camper and if I use the A/C I hook both togeather, the work GREAT and really no one else at the camp ground can hear them, also one of them has a battery charge in it , its been 2 years and no problems
Gun Laws are only for folks who Obey the Law..Criminals don't give a HOOT

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by DONY1 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:02 pm

I also have the 2000eu. I bought it to run the boat a/c and never had any issues. Love that thing. I believe the yamaha is about the same db level as the Honda.

Return to “CAMPING & RECREATION”