Is anyone here into backpacking camping?

Discuss all your Camping and Recreation here. Campsites, Fees, Experiences.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Is anyone here into backpacking camping?

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:04 pm

IS anyone here actually into backpacking to a campsite instead of parking your car 10 feet from your tent.. lol?

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:33 pm

NO
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

hogman
Patrol Leader

Post by hogman » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:45 pm

no my car is my tent!

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:55 pm

Wow.. its a whole different world. YOu all should try it sometime. Backpacking is fun. :grin:

hogman
Patrol Leader

Post by hogman » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:01 pm

im sure it is but i have never heard of anywhere around here that you can do that.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:04 pm

UMM. you can do that anywhere.. take your backpack and walk into the woods and camp. theres places.. just dont look into public camping or rv parks.. some camps up north you have to park a mile away cause theres no roads to the actual site!.. Theres gotta be that here.. Its a good experience. Foil cooking, light weight back packing.. its a whole nother world. Now im not sayint go hunt like that cause you need slot of stuff to hunt.. IM saying just for camping in general.

Sangster
Patrol Leader

Post by Sangster » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:15 pm

I like using the tailgate as a table. Hard to pack in a tent, folding chairs, coleman stove, food, etc....etc...etc. Backpacking in limits what you can take and in my experience that leaves a less enjoyable camping experience. We like to turn the radio on in the truck every now and then when we're hanging out at camp. Not loud, just background music to enjoy.
Ryan

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:18 pm

See thats cool sometimes. I never cook on a stove.. I allways cook on an open fire. Radio. haha.. to me thats just a outing.. not camping. BUt dont get me wrong its cool to feel at home while camping. And sometimes when you have alot of people and you want to have mega dinners and camp like kings its ok. WHen i started camping when i was a kid there was no bringing along radios, no showers, tiolets ect. Tents only sleeping on the floor! Cooking on an open fire and YEs have a coleman stove just incase it rains. I IEVER EVER used an electric socket camping.. IN jersey i only used boy scout camps being that i was a scoutmaster and there is no elevtric there at all! You can ask anyone who camps with me. They know im a "hardcore camper" and love to ruff it!

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:57 am

Now that I have gotten older I prefer comfort. I enjoy my bed in my camper. I enjoy my heater. I enjoy my a/c if I need it. I enjoy a hot shower and a crapper to sit on
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:21 am

If i could afford a camper i would agree! I might retire from hardcore camping.. but until i can afford the luxury i will stick to my hardcore camping ways.. lol

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:10 pm

In my younger days that was a great time but now I need to have a vehicle nearby!
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

martinarcher
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by martinarcher » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:42 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:Now that I have gotten older I prefer comfort. I enjoy my bed in my camper. I enjoy my heater. I enjoy my a/c if I need it. I enjoy a hot shower and a crapper to sit on
older....you're younger than i am! i'm 39, going on 25.

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:49 pm

Old farts like me and lamehawk need to be close to things.
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:12 pm

bodysnatcher how true!
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

rackman

Post by rackman » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:07 am

Cr0ck1 wrote:UMM. you can do that anywhere.. take your backpack and walk into the woods and camp. theres places.. just dont look into public camping or rv parks.. some camps up north you have to park a mile away cause theres no roads to the actual site!.. Theres gotta be that here.. Its a good experience. Foil cooking, light weight back packing.. its a whole nother world. Now im not sayint go hunt like that cause you need slot of stuff to hunt.. IM saying just for camping in general.
Its next to impossable now with all the new laws under the federal leave no trace act. you end up carrying out twice what you bring in. As of last year On any public land in the country you must bring a portable fire pit, digging a hole can put you in jail or fined. leaving the ashes will also get you jailed or fined or both. if you take a crap you are supossed to crap in a bag and take it out with you and deposit it in a proper wast station or get fined or go to jail.

now as for Florida, most public lands have designated camping areas and it is illegal to camp out side those areas. now if you interested in a primitive camp I know a place that is free and close by theres about a mile walk from the parking lot to the camping area and there is no water or electricity. the lats time I was there was 9 months ago, the hatchet I stuck in a tree 3 years earlier was still there so obviously nobody goes there :grin:

Return to “CAMPING & RECREATION”