Camping in Florida

Discuss all your Camping and Recreation here. Campsites, Fees, Experiences.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Hox
scout

Re: Camping in Florida

Post by Hox » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:43 pm

Well hell we might have to get some people together, plan something out and go have a great time for a few days!
Lead, Follow, or get the hell out of the way!

flhuntfish
Junior Assistant Scout Master
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by flhuntfish » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:54 pm

Yea my bad. Camping in WMAs is only in designated campsites.
Thats funny about the campsite at Lochloosa. Sounds like they did what they usually do though, tear up everything in site!

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:01 pm

hellbilly wrote:
flhuntfish wrote:No its legal you just gotta stay within a certain distance of the trail. We used to do it all the time with my boy scout troop.
Yea in the ONF.I was saying about a WMA like Lochloosa you can only camp at the camping area.There is no hunting allowed around camping area.Lat time at camp area in Lochloosa it got invaded by hogs.30-40 of the came thru and tore heck outa the whole area. :rock_on
.22 for protection.. lol

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:38 pm

cwp is a good thing pretty much anywhere except for the listed places that they say like state bldgs and stuff like that.

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout

Post by houseofmicah » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:21 pm

hox, you should contact avon park bombing range, i think that active duty can hunt areas that are not open to civies and you can camp there too. not sure how far it is from you, my boss hunts there alot and told me they have a section that is not open to civilians, i thought he said it was for active duty but you may want to check in to it.

graybellplumb
Junior Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by graybellplumb » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:26 pm

I 've camped in kissimmee wma during bow and doe weekend.It was hot during bow! but I was back where alot of people weren't.the only thing it was during gator season and there were airboats all over the place at night. It rained so hard that night. I found out that my rainfly wasn't waterproofed. It is nice to be right there not to far from your stand.

Jim Rhea
scout

Post by Jim Rhea » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:45 am

I got ya here! Land you can hunt on and it fits your request. Right on lake Hatchineha in Osceola county. My dad has camped and hunted there since he was very young. My grandfather use to be the water deputy for the county so he made trips around there all the time. There is an old tin roofed building on the side of the lake that has had some light fixing up with camp tables and a bilge pump on it that use to be a yacht club. It just so happens that a lot of land that was closed to hunting was opened up this year so there will be more locations to hunt in. Many other people go camp out around the lake so if one spot is taken you can find others and I have seen other spots with camp tables at them. Only very very annoying thing about it is the constant airboats and the lazy :censored :censored :censored that leave their trash out there. Still a great place to camp out and have fun and a legacy for me and my family :cheers . Here is the link to the area if you have any questions post back and I will do my best to fill you in. http://myfwc.com/docs/Brochures/09-10_KCOL.pdf Also there use to be a diner on the other side of the lake that had some damn good breakfast but I believe it was closed down. If we can get our boat fixed I can almost guarantee we will be down there every weekend we can so maybe I will see you there. :cheers

Hox
scout

Post by Hox » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:48 pm

Thanks bunch guys and yes I've heard of that Mil site and am considering a trip over there. Thanks again!!!! :toast
Lead, Follow, or get the hell out of the way!

Return to “CAMPING & RECREATION”