Family camping

Discuss all your Camping and Recreation here. Campsites, Fees, Experiences.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Family camping

Post by houseofmicah » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:27 pm

well this weekend we went camping with the family. it was a lot of fun. my son had a blast, he got to see some fish and some coons. we had a bee hive that was probably twice the size of a basketball at our site and the bees minded their own, as did we. the park said that they werent going to take it down unless it posed a problem. it was my daughters first camp while she was mobile. it was fun and tiring chasing 2 kids around and making sure they didn't wind up in the fire pit. we are going to try to make it a holiday tradition. hopefully next year my sister will better comprehend that while on vacation, even camping requires a little more effort and teamwork. we had a WONDERFUL time. my brother is in from texas and some family friends and our parents all came in sunday night for a big chili dinner. we camped at oscar schere state park. its very close to some good sarasota backwater fishing. the creek that ran behind our site dumped into south creek which runs under 41 down in osprey/nokomis. lots of good kayaking and canoeing. it was nice and cool, and thankfully dry. our last camping trip we dodged a hurricane and got soaked up in ginnie springs. hope you all enjoy your christmas with your family and friends. my wife and i are trying to start up some family traditions like camping at christmas time. many memories were made this weekend.

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:43 pm

That is the perfect start to your family holiday traditions!!
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:24 pm

goad you had a good time with the family! yea im all about camping.. thats my life.. so hunting fit right in.. my son is asking me to tak him camping for the first time and im gonna go asap with him.!

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:36 pm

Sounds like y'all had a great time, hom! You're doing something great for your kids!

Now that New Year's Day is no longer the big college football day it used to be, I might start making that an annual camp out, even if I do it alone! I'm not a New Years Eve party kind of guy, but sitting around a campfire eating some fresh fish or even just hot dogs sounds like a good time!

Since it doesn't look like I'll be able to get up to GA to hunt due to financials, a couple of days at Oscar Scherer, Myakka State Park or someplace like that would be fun.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Return to “CAMPING & RECREATION”