What made you make the desision?

Discuss all your Camping and Recreation here. Campsites, Fees, Experiences.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

What made you make the desision?

Post by Cr0ck1 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:02 am

Ok I know that some of you all dont use tents any more and use some kind of pop up or rv of some sort.. What was the nail in the coffin that made you switch.?

Well heres my deal.. I havent switched yet but i am keeping an eye out for a killer deal on a pop up..

Last weekend of gun season me and martinarcher went out for out last attempt to fill the freezer.. So we set up our tents as usual and i set mine up and i put in my air mattress and whatever and then went out to hunt.. SO i get back tired as hell and i lay on my airmattress and get all warm and i hear.. WOOSH...Yep you guessed it.. Blow out in the airmattress.. LOL.. so i tried just holding the leak so i could just fall to sleep but it would not help.. in about 5 mins i had a rock dead center of my back and was pissed.. i had to basically sleep on the floor all night..(Which i have no problem with if i didnt have to wake up at 5 am and get in the woods) lol.. I have been tenting ever since i was 5 and love it. To me its real camping.. But if im going hunting and need to get a good nights sleep im definitly looking into a pop up. But for now its still on a tent for me!..

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout

Post by houseofmicah » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:11 pm

still in a tent, dont plan on not being in a tent unless i have all my other worries taken care of and i have some money laying around i can afford to waste. rv's, pop-ups and campers are luxuries, not needs. i can and will remain in a tent probably for a while. i dont mind the tent camping as long as i am not in a low spot that could hold water. i have been flooded out before. that was a tropical storm deal though.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:19 pm

I hate air mattresses
I hate cots
I hate condensation on inside of tents
I hate moisture on the floor of a tent
I hate being cold when it is cold, and hot when it is hot

I spent many years tent camping and never did like it. Bought a pop-up about 10 years ago and had it for several years ago. Could set that thing up faster than a tent

Now I have a small travel trailer (13') that stays at my hunt lease. Warm when its cold, and cool when its hot. I sleep better in it than I do at home
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout

Post by houseofmicah » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:35 pm

[quote="Iluv2hunt"]I hate air mattresses
I hate cots
I hate condensation on inside of tents
I hate moisture on the floor of a tent
I hate being cold when it is cold, and hot when it is hot

+1
just dont have the $$$ and wont for a while. i can put up with it.

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:18 am

Issues with me r health I do enjoy the tent camps but now I need the "comforts" of an RV or camper.Do I miss tents in a way yes but when I used my camper van or before that a small trailer I became jaded.

Comfort,convenience,weather control,just jump in and move if need be and the best of all my gear stowed and more secure!
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

Sangster
Patrol Leader

Post by Sangster » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:20 am

I still tent camp. It would be nice to have a camper or pop-up, especially with the wife and kids (2 & 4 yr old girls). Our tent is huge and an oversized queen air mattress is nearly as comfortable as our bed at home. We will need to do something about the heat though. A couple weeks ago we camped and the thing was a sweathouse until about 2am.

So..I imagine financial ability will ultimately be the reason we make the switch some day, but for now…..tent camping it is!
Ryan

Return to “CAMPING & RECREATION”