Hiking with ?

This is a special forum for the LADY HUNTERS AND FISHERWOMEN!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

spazhogdog
Junior Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Hiking with ?

Post by spazhogdog » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:07 pm

I have been hiking a couple days a week in the greenway here in ocala. Being 50 just want to drop a few pounds and get in better shape. So i took my grandson with me to hunt choir big foot

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts. Reality is not a democracy.

spazhogdog

Hiking with ?

Post by spazhogdog » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:29 pm

I have been hiking a couple days a week in the greenway here in ocala. Being 50 just want to drop a few pounds and get in better shape. So i took my grandson with me to hunt for big foot and fire flies. Equipped with rubber knife, headlamp and garmin collar, in case he and big foot ran off together i could find them, Image

We had a ball walked over 2.5 miles, tracked everything in the woods, never found big foot but say there listened to the owls and yote was exciting but he was having a ball with the fire flies. Trying to catch them and wondered how they got a light in their butt. I warned his mother to keep light bulbs out of reach :grin:

I went back the next day and was hiking back to my cart and was taking this picImage heard some noises and headed in that direction when this caught my eyeImage there is a water bottle that was not old, now my hair was on end and my late night scary movie imagination kicked in. I feel over a big limb as i was sprinting to my car.the one thought that kept going thru my mind was, i was just there with my 4 yr old grandson. I went back with my dog and knife to learn this lean to has been there a long time, couldn't push it over but will not go hiking without one of the dogs. And watching pg13 movies only
You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts. Reality is not a democracy.

bellyacher
First Class Scout

Re: Hiking with ?

Post by bellyacher » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:07 pm

That's cool spaz, never thought of using a tracking collar like that. My grandbabies better watch out.lol looks like a cover for a long ago still site
Be polite, be professional, BUT have a plan to kill everybody you meet

FLQuacker
Second Class Scout

Post by FLQuacker » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Love it!

ArcheoGator
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by ArcheoGator » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Ocala has great hiking. I use the Greenway myself, and a couple trails that are within a 5 minute drive of our house. The wife chose a subdivision, while I wanted land, so it is nice to at least be able to surround myself with trees within just a few minutes. Our trails are usually quiet as well.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:26 pm

Any time out for a walk in the woods is a good time
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

spazhogdog

Post by spazhogdog » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:31 pm

I have seen bob cat, huge indigo, deer and hogs.

Star Scout

Post by 30.06 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:55 am

man i love hiking ocala and miss it. havent been there in a couple years for a hunt or hike. time to get back soon!
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

Return to “LADIES ROOM”