Newly on the way

New Members go here first. Here is all your information on Introductions, Posting Pictures, Avatars, and every thing you need to know first.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Uptonogood
scout

Newly on the way

Post by Uptonogood » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:39 pm

The wife and I are heading back South after 20 years on the Pacific Northwest. We're looking forward to more sun, better fishing, and a much slower pace of life. I'm not sure how much hunting I'll be doing in NE Florida or southern Georgia but you can bet I'll be fishing.

9dawgs

Re: Newly on the way

Post by 9dawgs » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:38 am

I lived up in Oregon for a while out on the coast. All I can tell you is you'll still get wet down here, not so much the misty stuff like what you're used to but what we call "gully washers". It comes in buckets! And the weather is a LOT more HOT and humid.

So be safe in your travels. The drive is an adventure for sure. We'll have a hot cup of coffee or a big ol' Mason jar of iced tea (brewed, not powdered or canned) waiting for ya, depending on when y'all arrive. :toast

Uptonogood
scout

Post by Uptonogood » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:30 pm

9dawgs,

I lived in the South (Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and Georgia) from 1971 to 1992, saw a lot of those "gully washers" for sure. My Air Force observation site got hit by a tornado one night, could have killed me. Yeah, weather in the South ain't nothing to fool with, for sure.

I'm really looking forward to good (real) BBQ, decent fried chicken, slower pace of life and folks who take a real interest in their neighbors. The fishin' is a heck of a lot better, too. And the ice tea is, indeed, brewed.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:51 pm

Try to stay north of Ocala and 40 miles west of I-95 until you hit the GA state line or you might as well move to NJ, CT, MD, or NYC, this is not the south anymore. The place is over run with people from everywhere but here. Jacksonville has nearly doubled in size since the late 90's. Temperatures have been running around 95 plus from April - October in Central Florida. We can't get out of here fast enough and only been here since 2005. Lived in Savannah and Augusta GA from 1998-2004 and that's the south. Good luck and buyer beware of everything, bien vienidos!

Return to “NEW MEMBERS GO HERE FIRST!!!”