POPS loves his fishing

This is a forum for "Fishing" Meets & Greets or general "Get Togethers"

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

POPS loves his fishing

Post by Bossman » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:25 pm

Well the last trip speck fishing wasn't so good. On the way home I told my dad if we had gone to the barge canal we would have cought some mullet. Now to put thing into specs my dad loves to go mullet fishing. My Grandfather use to love mullet fishing and passed it on to my dad. back in the day he would go at least once a week and had it down to an art. Needless to say, when I mention mullet he came alive. He called me every day and several days 2-3 times a day. He went to wally world to get supplys. Now grant it has only been a week since we went fishing last Friday. Monday he calls me wanting to know when we are going? He said Thursday would be a good day... I told him that everyone isn't retired and can go fishing any day. We agreeded that Friday would be a good day and set it in stone. Wednesday he calls me to make sure that we are still on for Friday. I told him that we were and I think that I had two other calls from him that day about fishing. Thursday same thing... and I told him that I'd be there at 5:30 Friday. Anyway we went fishing today and had a good day catching 40 mullet. I didn't think about taking any pictures but rest asured that a good time was had by Pops. 80 years old and he still loves his mullet fishing. I'm trying to take him as much as possible because I know that one day it will all be a memory. BTW there was more tarpon in the canal than I have ever seen. They was giving the mullet a fit darting into them everywhere... Anyways a good day was had...

:saluting
Bossman

renegade
scout

Re: POPS loves his fishing

Post by renegade » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:30 pm

Good stuff :toast :toast

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: POPS loves his fishing

Post by drgn4sr » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:10 pm

BUT U KNOW WHAT, MINE ARE GOOD MEMORIES. Doesn't replace the real thing but it is what I have left. Enjoy your Dad.

Return to “FISHING MEET AND GREETS OR GET TOGETHERS”