The end is here- well bow season for my zone.

Discuss all your Bow Hunting here!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

The end is here- well bow season for my zone.

Post by TerribleTed » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:46 am

How did every one fare

I ended with three deer no hogs.

Today actually this morning my friend was at full draw on a buck at 15 yards. Took his time perfect aim something hes done repeatedly with deadly accuracy. A release of arrow that deer surly to be dead but no. A crack a smack and an arrow flying like you threw it by hand. a sting dangle from the limb.

When i looked at him bow i don't know if the split in the limb caused the sting to come off or something else and the release of the string caused his limb to spilt. Lucky today the last day of the season and unlucky for him, it would of been his first deer of the season.

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Re: The end is here- well bow season for my zone.

Post by Bossman » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:35 pm

My season continues until the 19th and so far nothing, but only because i've had self restraint this year. I've passed on 3 bucks so far and carried 3 different people and place them in the best spots. one of the guys killed a doe and another killed a hog. So it seems to have been a pretty good season.

:saluting
Bossman

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:20 pm

Sorta glad its done. I had a terrible archery season. Should have a freezer slam full. I need to figure it out before next season. Actually January when I pick the bow back up for a quota hunt. Ended up missing 2 deer, a hog and a turkey. One hog in the freezer.

My partner killed only one deer. He has seen quite a bit of stuff. This weekend he saw 2 small does and passed them. This morning he had 11 pigs under his stand. said they were too small and passed them. I told him I want a doctors note by next weekend to make sure he's ok, because he is the kind of guy that will shoot a fawn on mothers day
Had a danged bear bellowin all morning yesterday. Probably scared everything away for a mile

Bring on M/L season!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:41 pm

I passed on at least 6 small does. Every doe i took this year has been over 95 lbs. I specifically went hog hunting sitting were there only hog sign and i took does there.

Return to “BOW HUNTING FORUM”