Barnett Customer Service!!

Discuss all your Bow Hunting here!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:51 am

Iluv2hunt wrote:Was it cocked when you lowered it?
Yes.

Sent from my killphone.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:52 am

Wow. Yea allen i had the same thing done for $35.00

Sent from my killphone.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: Barnett Customer Service!!

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:40 pm

Cr0ck1 wrote:
Iluv2hunt wrote:Was it cocked when you lowered it?
Yes.

Sent from my killphone.
Did you have a bolt in it when you lowered it?
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:01 pm

No but it didnt fire. It hit twice then the ground and was still cocked.

Sent from my killphone.

P'duck
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by P'duck » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:46 am

I bought a Barnett with broken limbs for $25, took it to them and explained I bought it this way. They took it to the back and because it was late Friday asked me to return Monday to pick it up, which I did. Monday comes and they had upgraded the safety/trigger, replaced limbs, string and gave me 3 arrows along with some rail lube. I asked my total repair cost expecting it to be pricey and as ou guessed no charge, they claimed it was under warranty and this was a Wildcat about 25 years old. Amazing to me they did this knowing I paid $25 for it in that condition and without second thought they put all that I to it. Nobody provides service like that anymore that I know of.

jtcmedic
Troop Guide

Post by jtcmedic » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:21 am

Crock
Was reading if your using a arrow under 400 grain total it acts like it is dry firing . But not sure.
DUTY, PRIDE, TRADITION

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:45 am

Hmmm. Not sure. Im using the headhunter arrows it came with with 125g bh.

bellyacher
First Class Scout

Post by bellyacher » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:39 am

Iluv2hunt wrote:Everyone I know who has owned a Barnett has had a great customer service report. They fixed mine last year. New limbs/cables/string/cams, etc and replaced the trigger and safety. Basically brand new except for the stock for $35. They replaced everything on my dads old CB that I sold to a buddy, and he blew it apart for $35. For us in Fla it is great because you can drive to the factory and get it worked on
My buddy has had a Horton, and now a Stryker (made by Bowtech). Based on the issues he has had with both of them, you couldn't give me one of either of them. He has had to drive from camp to Tampa 2 years in a row the day before season opens because the exact same thing broke
never had one problem with my Horton. liked it a lot. went to the Barnett predator this season. May get rid of it after season. its a nice xbow but I just don't like the length of it and kinda heavy. also Horton went out of business and was bought by ten point
Be polite, be professional, BUT have a plan to kill everybody you meet

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:17 pm

bellyacher wrote:
Iluv2hunt wrote:Everyone I know who has owned a Barnett has had a great customer service report. They fixed mine last year. New limbs/cables/string/cams, etc and replaced the trigger and safety. Basically brand new except for the stock for $35. They replaced everything on my dads old CB that I sold to a buddy, and he blew it apart for $35. For us in Fla it is great because you can drive to the factory and get it worked on
My buddy has had a Horton, and now a Stryker (made by Bowtech). Based on the issues he has had with both of them, you couldn't give me one of either of them. He has had to drive from camp to Tampa 2 years in a row the day before season opens because the exact same thing broke
never had one problem with my Horton. liked it a lot. went to the Barnett predator this season. May get rid of it after season. its a nice xbow but I just don't like the length of it and kinda heavy. also Horton went out of business and was bought by ten point
I hope folks that love their Horton xbows never have an issue. What I am hearing, from multiple places, is Ten Point is telling Horton owners they don't honor the Horton service warranties and to go check ebay or craigslist for parts. If that's true, I hope Ten Point goes out of business with their belly up
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Return to “BOW HUNTING FORUM”