switching bows

Discuss all your Bow Hunting here!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Star Scout

switching bows

Post by 30.06 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:48 pm

hey guys i picked up a new to me bow and i am wondering how hard it will be to switch my equipment over to it from my old bow and have it be usable, or just bring it up to log cabin and let eric do it. Trying to upgrade from a bear whitetail to a jennings black lightning. i only paid 20 for each bow, but the stuff i put on wasnt cheap. the jennings also needs a new string, peep, and d loop.
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

trouttouter
Troop Guide

Re: switching bows

Post by trouttouter » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:32 am

I have done that a few times. I always let the pros handle it. I don't have a ton of extra time or the alignment tools to get it set up. I live in Orlando, so I just go up to Bass Pro. TR and the other really good dude have set up my bows. With the Mathews I had, I think Charles set up my bow. He did a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Star Scout

Post by 30.06 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:52 am

thanks trouttouter, i was considering doing some of this myself, to save time, Eric at log cabin set my old bow up, and i purchased most of my accessories from him so i would just go back there, plus he is a small business owner that needs support. looks like this project is going on the back burner for now i think i am better off to wait till after season at this point, plus i a new firearm has caught my eye.
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:57 pm

Just did the same at log cabin this weekend.

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom.

Return to “BOW HUNTING FORUM”