Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Season Results

Post by TerribleTed » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:48 am

Have not seen a Buck
I have seen does turkeys and pigs.

So the season ends I have taken 2 does,one turkey and one pig. Both does were right at 90 lbs the pig was at 100 the turkey was almost 13 lbs, 10 inch Beard 1 and 1.25 inch spurs.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Re: Season Results

Post by TerribleTed » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:58 am

If your wondering i find you get about 10 lb of burger if you clean the cage and the neck like in the picture. The first deer i gave my hunting bud a ham back strapo and a tenderloin. We were hunting together so he could of taken 1/2 but he did not want to i told him i even package it for taking me with him on his permit.

And 33 lbs of grind thats with sirloin and beef fat added around a lb of sirloin and 1/2 lb of fat to every 5 lbs of venision.

Kortsman
Star Scout

Post by Kortsman » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Nice way to start off a season! You didn't even leave anything for the buzzards on that deer!

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:23 pm

They can have the tripe. Just finished the second doe. 34 lbs of grind Ham are steaked and shoulders are roast. I am thinking of trying a jerky gun I have a 30 year old dehydrator that has not been used in 15 years. last time I made 4 gallons of venison jerky bag it go to work and come home to my daughter taking the last piece out of what I thought was the first bag, but I was wrong. A little 13 year old skinny little girl ate all of it.

jtcmedic
Troop Guide

Post by jtcmedic » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:15 pm

I sat but saw a lot on camera but couldn’t connect didn’t see a deer unless it was on a camera, muzzleloader next an I am stoked as always. Nice does ted.
DUTY, PRIDE, TRADITION

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:58 pm

It been a few years since I taken a deer in archery.

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:06 pm

This is the first year in probably 15 years that I haven't gone bow hunting. The crazy thing is that I am stoked for black powder season to start in the morning. I plan to let both of my girls shot a buck during black powder. I've scouted out each of them a good buck and have stands ready for them. I went today and checked a trail cam and one of the bucks has been there every day this week, so I'm pumped. The other Stand I haven't gone to check because he is a gonna be a little more tricky I think. but we'll see. Can't wait to see what the season brings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bossman

jtcmedic
Troop Guide

Post by jtcmedic » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:37 pm

Nice buck, all I had show up was some does
46982CCF-B167-4D7D-8E13-ADB05FD13CD2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DUTY, PRIDE, TRADITION

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:02 pm

Tired today allot of walking {saw only a doe} taking tomorrow with the wife and grandkids

Kortsman
Star Scout

Post by Kortsman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:22 pm

You pull any Toso Muzzles? I've got next weekends hunt. I haven't been out there in a few years now.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:28 pm

No, no toso muzzle that's my main meat hunt my pictures on the board for the turkey in archery. That was were I shot my first doe this year. My spots are literally a mile walk out there. Waters really down out there acorns are starting to drop.

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:21 am

Ted, you and I are on the same page when it comes to salvaging grinding meat. There is a lot of good meat that goes to waste when folks don't take the time to do it right. Way too many folks say, "Pull the straps, cut off the hams and feed the buzzards." What a waste! I asked a feller a year or so back, "What about the tender loins?" His response, "Too much trouble."
Glad you set a good example!
Treefarmer

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:28 am

Just a neck & ribs is 10 lbs of pure venison burger. I add sirloin because it so cheap 299 lb for a basketball size chunk. i cut out some steaks and grind about 1/2 to add to my venison. Now sirloin and ground pork makes greab burger to. Sad thing is my pig pen is empty not pig for christmas.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:01 pm

Well i missed or did not hit it good enought but no blood trail on the pig after the smoke cleared. My bud did fill doe tags so i had to watch does all sunday moring.

Kortsman
Star Scout

Post by Kortsman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:54 pm

You made it out there on Sunday? I left Saturday night.

I had a hog within 10 feet of me on Thursday morning at 6:30 am. Could have shot at point blank range, but it was well before shooting light.
I had to stomp my foot or it was going to run over me as I setup my climber. Didn't see a thing after shooting light came.
Didn't see anything else until Saturday morning when a group of piglets came through. I was hoping that a few bigger ones were in the group, but something spooked them and they turned back to where they came from. Didn't see anything else the rest of the day...

Did it rain Sunday morning? That's the main reason I didn't stay.

Return to “BOW HUNTING FORUM”