Wild Spaghetti

This is the place to post up your eating! Any Wild Game Recipes you might have or want to share!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Wild Spaghetti

Post by Bossman » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:53 pm

I had a wild hair up my... and thought that i would try something that I have never tried. I took one of the hogs that I have killed this year and had it ground into hamburger. I took a 2 lbs. pack of the ground pork and browned it with some Italitian sausage that was made from venison. I then added some freash mushrooms and let it simmer for a while. Then right before I started making my spaghetti sauce I added a quart of wild shrimp that I had caught last year. made my sauce and let it simmer for 30 minutes. All I can say is wow!

:saluting
Bossman

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Re: Wild Spaghetti

Post by GoodOyster » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:26 pm

I came home one night from work a few weeks ago and had to make myself dinner. I had about a pound of smoked pulled pork in the fridge, so I heated up some spaghetti sauce, threw in the pork, some Chipotle Tabasco, and had the best spaghetti I'd had in some time! I usually use venison sausage in the sauce when I have it, but hadn't thawed any out. That pulled pork by itself was pretty awesome!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Star Scout

Post by 30.06 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:33 pm

last hog i got i made about 8 or 10 lbs of italian sausage, and i make spaghetti once a month with it delicious!
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

fishindad

Post by fishindad » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:49 pm

Totally agree! I had some tonight too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

sam03
Ordeal

Post by sam03 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:40 pm

lol you forgot to add turkey
Bossman wrote:I had a wild hair up my... and thought that i would try something that I have never tried. I took one of the hogs that I have killed this year and had it ground into hamburger. I took a 2 lbs. pack of the ground pork and browned it with some Italitian sausage that was made from venison. I then added some freash mushrooms and let it simmer for a while. Then right before I started making my spaghetti sauce I added a quart of wild shrimp that I had caught last year. made my sauce and let it simmer for 30 minutes. All I can say is wow!

I like animals, they are tasty!

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Thu May 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Bossman wrote:I had a wild hair up my... and thought that i would try something that I have never tried. I took one of the hogs that I have killed this year and had it ground into hamburger. I took a 2 lbs. pack of the ground pork and browned it with some Italitian sausage that was made from venison. I then added some freash mushrooms and let it simmer for a while. Then right before I started making my spaghetti sauce I added a quart of wild shrimp that I had caught last year. made my sauce and let it simmer for 30 minutes. All I can say is wow!

your recipes are great. If anybody gets a chance to eat any of bossman's hamburgers, do it!! :clap

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Thu May 02, 2013 6:31 pm

drgn4sr wrote:
your recipes are great. If anybody gets a chance to eat any of bossman's hamburgers, do it!! :clap
Thanks for the compliment on the burgers and you can bet the spaghetti was just as good...

Bossman

Return to “WILD GAME RECIPES FORUM”