Ground Gator?

This is the place to post up your eating! Any Wild Game Recipes you might have or want to share!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

heritage14
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Ground Gator?

Post by heritage14 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:42 am

Any one have a good recipe for ground gator? I was doing some inventory in the garage freezer and found two packages that my buddy gave me 6 months ago. All in all it's probably about 2-3lbs of meat. I found some recipes through google that sound decent, but was hoping some one would have a "must try" recipe on here.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: Ground Gator?

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:50 am

I would mix in some fresh herbs, like basil, oregano fresh onion. Maybe some dill. Mix some bread crumbs into it and make gator balls or patties (like you would salmon patties). Then roll in flour, egg wash, then cracker meal and fry. That would be good on a hoagie roll with some spicy horse radish, lettuce and mater

:bbq
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:14 am

I did 4 lbs last year into jerky. Everyone who tasted it was surprised how good it was. Make sure you trim it well..........
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout

Post by houseofmicah » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:23 pm

I agree with allen. Gator cakes instead if crab cakes.

davedirt
Ordeal

Post by davedirt » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Gator Boudan sausage..........................
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS
DUG IN TIGHTER THAN ALABAMA TICK

ROLL TIDE

Last year I was a hunter and not a harvester........

heritage14
scout

Post by heritage14 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:37 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:I would mix in some fresh herbs, like basil, oregano fresh onion. Maybe some dill. Mix some bread crumbs into it and make gator balls or patties (like you would salmon patties). Then roll in flour, egg wash, then cracker meal and fry. That would be good on a hoagie roll with some spicy horse radish, lettuce and mater

:bbq

Winner winner gator dinner....probably going to try it Tuesday. Will post the results whether good or bad.

heritage14
scout

Post by heritage14 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:02 am

Well I ended up cooking it Monday night and screwed it up. The flavor was good, but I added way too many breadcrumbs. I ended up just frying it up in patties, but I didn't egg wash or coat it. I mixed some horseradish, mayo, and spicy mustard to dip it in, and made had some salad as a side.

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:51 pm

Hey heritage14. What is up with your avatar?? I almost hate to open your posts because of those ugly teeth. I sure hope that ain't your mouth :eek

Just wondering...not trying to hijack the post.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: Re: Ground Gator?

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:56 pm

9dawgs wrote:Hey heritage14. What is up with your avatar?? I almost hate to open your posts because of those ugly teeth. I sure hope that ain't your mouth :eek

Just wondering...not trying to hijack the post.
Sheepshead
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

heritage14
scout

Post by heritage14 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:02 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote: Sheepshead
Correct!

The pic is from a member on another site named jetskibrian. He caught the fish up in the Chesapeake Bay and if I remember correctly it went close to 19lbs or so...an absolute stud of a sheepie. Any way I cropped the photo in order to get those pearly whites in an avatar. They were just to good to let slip away in some random forum archives. Any way that's the story behind the avatar.

Dirtroadz
scout

Post by Dirtroadz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:48 pm

I've seen a lot of jetskibrian's photos on the FTC forum for Shamrock :clover boats. He takes his souped up jetski that's rigged for fishing out as far as any other boat & takes amazing pics of boats an wildlife/ birds while he's fishing & tooling around. Small world. Didn't expect to see his name pop up here.

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:16 am

heritage14 wrote:
Iluv2hunt wrote: Sheepshead
Correct!

The pic is from a member on another site named jetskibrian. He caught the fish up in the Chesapeake Bay and if I remember correctly it went close to 19lbs or so...an absolute stud of a sheepie. Any way I cropped the photo in order to get those pearly whites in an avatar. They were just to good to let slip away in some random forum archives. Any way that's the story behind the avatar.
haha, well that makes me feel better. Still an ugly set of chompers though. Glad you don't have mouth cancer!

Return to “WILD GAME RECIPES FORUM”