new fees?

Discuss all your General "Inshore" altwater fishing here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

gargoyle725
Second Class Scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

new fees?

Post by gargoyle725 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:01 pm

I heard rumor about a upcoming fee of $15 a year for fishing from shore or piers any truth to thast?

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:03 pm

Here is some info on the new fees that we are going to see.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/outd ... 940.column
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:06 pm

Long overdue in My opinion
I think everyone should be required to have a license(with exception of elderly/military/children)
Last edited by Iluv2hunt on Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:10 pm

I'm ok with it but, if the feds want to start charging a fee then I think you should be able to fish in any state that you go to as long as you are on the National Saltwater Angler Registry.
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:58 pm

My point is this:
Your typical family that gets a wally world set or rods and reels(usually holds the spinning reel upside down), buys a bucket full of shrimp, casts a 6oz egg sinker with a 10/0 hook, pulls up in a beat up car with the dad having a marlboro hanging out of his mouth, a wife beater on, fat wife with no bra, bunch of dirty kids running around...........
That stereo type of people are the ones that are fishing w/o licenses from bridges and shore, and IMHO, they are the ones that are more apt to keep under/over slot fish
Requiring licenses for them is a drop in the bucket, but it is a start to eliminate some of the poaching
And there are a bunch of that type out there. Don't believe me, drive down Gandy on any Saturday and Sunday. There is about 4,000 of them.

They are taking from the same resources that us licensed fisherman are
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:54 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:Here is some info on the new fees that we are going to see.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/outd ... 940.column
What gets me mad about the article above is all the folks fishing with someone visiting from out of state acting like needing a license was strange. Guess what, you out-of-state leeches, you have to buy a license no matter where you fish from, no matter if it's fresh or saltwater, beach, shore, pier, jetty, boat, etc. If you aren't a resident and want to catch fish, buy a @#$%&$#@ license and learn the slot and daily catch limits!!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:57 pm

im all for it. why do we need a license to fish in freshwater? so make it salw water also. fishing license for fishing in general. that would stop all the freakin git r done's from putting a 4 lb pinfish on their line and letting it swim and tangle all the lines in the water within 500 feet of him.. lol..

hogman
Patrol Leader

Post by hogman » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:09 pm

man you guys are being hard on us poor rednecks :lol:

i do think there should be a over all fishing license!

GoodOyster

Post by GoodOyster » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:09 pm

Yep, one license for all fishing statewide would make more sense. Fresh and saltwater used to be controlled by 2 different government agencies, so when they decided to license saltwater a few years ago, you had to have 2 separate licenses. There was a Freshwater Fish and Game Commission, and a Marine Commission (something like that) and then a few years ago they combined them into the Florida Wildlife Commission. So it's time to combine the licenses, too. Imagine the savings to the FWC budget, only having to track and make one kind of license.

And instead of a new paper license each year, make a plastic one good for 10 years or so, like a driver's license, and then each year send out a small sticker like you get for your license plates (only smaller!). Stick that on the plastic card, and you're good to go. Damn thing can get wet, sweaty, whatever and not be ruined.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

hogman
Patrol Leader

Post by hogman » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:10 pm

Cr0ck1 wrote:that would stop all the freakin git r done's from putting a 4 lb pinfish on their line and letting it swim and tangle all the lines in the water within 500 feet of him.. lol..
gotta use the big baitfish to get the big fish!!! :lol:

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:19 pm

its more like a moving sinker.. lol

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:31 pm

The problem is if the feds get there National Saltwater Angler Registry $ you still have to buy a state license. And if you think they will stop there your crazy the next thing you will see is a National Freshwater Angler Registry.

GoodOyster

Post by GoodOyster » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:34 pm

Supposedly any state with an existing saltwater licensing program is exempt from applying the Federal Registry fees. I forget the actual wording, but it's like "If you don't do it statewide, we'll force it on you federally!"

There oughta be a revolution......
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:40 pm

GoodOyster wrote:There oughta be a revolution......
It's coming.........

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:42 pm

this new licensing will stop people like Iluv2hunt from fishing. :razz: he would have to renounce the shorts and mudd boots and reform.. lol ;-)

Return to “INTERCOASTAL FISHING FORUM”