Steinhatchee scalloping

Discuss all your General "Inshore" altwater fishing here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

CitySlicker
Tenderfoot

Steinhatchee scalloping

Post by CitySlicker » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:37 pm

I know some of you guys spend some time up there. My buddy is trying to put a trip together for next weekend, and I told him I would ask the forum if the scalloping is still going good up there. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Steinhatchee scalloping

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:21 pm

Mike, it is a bad year up here. Reports are there are a few, but it is extremely difficult to find clean water. If you can find clean water, there are some in 6-8ft+. I talked to a guy(guide I know) that said he is having to run south past pepperfish, till he can see Horseshoe before he is finding clean water. Thats about a 12 mile + run from the river
There is so much fresh water running out to the gulf its just stained the bay and/or killed the scallops

I went out july 4th 3 days in a row and found 1 scallop total
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

CitySlicker
Tenderfoot

Post by CitySlicker » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:38 pm

Allen, Thanks for the info. You are saving the boys a lot of wasted time, and money. It is kind of an expensive trip from St.Pete to Stein. for a few scallops. Thanks a lot. They did do a few trips to Crystal River, and did really well the first few weeks. now lets concentrate on killing a trophy, or just filling the freezer. Time is moving at a snails pace, and Oct. can't come fast enough!

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:41 pm

Wish I had a better report for you bro. I went into town today and at 11Am there were a total of 5 trucks/trailers at the new public ramp. Of course it flooded early this morning, dumping another 3" of rain water
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Return to “INTERCOASTAL FISHING FORUM”