And Again.

Discuss all your General "Inshore" altwater fishing here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

BEAGLE
scout

Post by BEAGLE » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:56 pm

then we wouldnt be set on just one fish then lol
I FORGOT HOW TO FISH NOW IAM BACK TRYING TO REMEMBER HOW TO BUT IT DONT SEAM LIKE ITS WORKING

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:57 pm

no you bring in a tarpon and a dam hammerhead comes up to the boat and eats your tarpon and part of your hand.. lol

BEAGLE
scout

Post by BEAGLE » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:04 pm

that seems like it would be a rush just to watch (with out the hands in the way )
I FORGOT HOW TO FISH NOW IAM BACK TRYING TO REMEMBER HOW TO BUT IT DONT SEAM LIKE ITS WORKING

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:08 pm

watch catch47 during tarpon week.. sometimes i get on with a pic of s big fish when they answer their emails.. lol

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:30 pm

Hey Beagle, when hooking a greenback, try going through the eyes. For snook, the less tackle the better. Small diameter line tied to at least an 18" flourocarbon leader (no swivel), tie leader to hook with a loop knot (if you know how to do a good loop knot!). This allows more freedom of movement for the greenback, which will gimp around since he's now blind or at least having a bad headache, and attract some hungry snook! Cast it out as far as you can and let it freeline, keeping an eye on it. You can also put a small split shot above the leader, but no bigger than needed to be able to cast it a bit.

When using pinfish, I like to use the same rig, but I take the hook up through the lower lip, and back out between what looks like little nostrils on top of its mouth.

Same rig is good for any live bait, allowing good action and less tackle to spook the fish.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

BEAGLE
scout

Post by BEAGLE » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:34 am

thanks for all you guy's help iam going to try to go out again this week end

Return to “INTERCOASTAL FISHING FORUM”