Tampa fishing suggestions

Discuss all your General "Inshore" altwater fishing here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

OriginalCracker
Assistant Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Tampa fishing suggestions

Post by OriginalCracker » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Haven't done really any inshore fishing around tampa. i mostly go out of hudson to homosassa, or out in boca grande area. Well, I just picked up a flatstalker with a trolling motor (with the intent to tow it with my boat, then use it instead of wading to some red spots I have). I keep my boat in brooksville, so it costs quite a bit of money for a college student to go pick it up, then go out for the day. So now I want to try out fishing near here in just the flatstalker as a cheap way to get out and fish.

So, does anyone have any advice for places to catch some reds and snook that is a close distance from fletcher/75? Does hillsborough bay hold any? It'd have to be trolling motor distance rides, but I've heard of people making 4 mile round trips with flatstalkers. I just don't want to waste several trips finding some good areas since i won't be able to cover much ground. I don't want exact spots obviously, just any suggestions.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: Tampa fishing suggestions

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:29 pm

You can beach launch off of Picnic Island, Gandy or 4th st very easily. If you need specifics let me know
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

OriginalCracker
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by OriginalCracker » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:51 pm

good fishing around there? i was hoping for something off 75 so i can avoid driving through south tampa.

OriginalCracker
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by OriginalCracker » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:59 pm

whats it like near green key? looking off google maps/satillite it seems like there'd be some nice grass holes and mangroves to fish, but its hard to tell.

Return to “INTERCOASTAL FISHING FORUM”