Are You Ready?

Discuss all your General "Inshore" altwater fishing here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Are You Ready?

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:34 pm

I ain't gonna lie, I was done hunting come last weekend of Zone C. I headed out Friday night and stayed till Sunday afternoon and only sat 1 time. Now, I'm ready for fishing season. Pulled out the boat last night, got her cleaned up. Livewell pump needs replaced, need to charge the battery, couldn't get her to crank up.

Something about pulling off that boat cover gets me fired up about hitting the water. Once I start restringing the reels and going through tackle, its over with. Who else out there is ready?
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Are You Ready?

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:45 pm

I lost interest in hunting after the Holidays were over. Seems like every weekend I am home the wind is howling. Last weekend was a perfect example. This past weekend I took a friend of mine to the woods and he helped me move around all my stands and feeders. What I usually put off till August I have done before January was over. I can spend the off season worrying about tinkering with my food plots. Gonna gas the gheenoe this weekend and go put it in somewhere. When I go back to camp in 2 weeks I'll pull the cover off the big boat and get it going. Good news is I put a ton of money in both boats last spring so hopefully I don;t have to do anything this year.
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

FLQuacker
Second Class Scout

Re: Are You Ready?

Post by FLQuacker » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:32 am

I cleaned the boat up a few weeks ago......but this mornings weather keeps me in hunting mode :)

Geez I'll be back in zone d Thursday for the special archery/muzzleloader season.

Return to “INTERCOASTAL FISHING FORUM”