Fished the Roach

Discuss all your General "Inshore" altwater fishing here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Wizfisher

Fished the Roach

Post by Wizfisher » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:51 pm

Put in at Cockroach Bay Rd. this morning around 7:15 or so and headed out to Tampa Bay to see what it looks like from the water. I was like a kid in a candy store for the first time. I have had my boat for 4 years now and never had it in the salt until now. It was a very slow moving project boat. lol

Saw the bay and said to my wife, another time we'll venture out and fish there but today we would be fishing in Cockroach Bay. My 9 and 2 year olds were with us.

I didn't get to fish much but that was expected with the kids there. Neiter one of 'em can cast more than 25 feet from the boat. :boat: Needless to say, they didn't caatch anything.

I did end up catching a 25" snook on a grass flat and that was it.
Nice day today with the cloud cover. Kept the temps down and the sun wasn't bearing down on us.
The 2 year old slept all th way home and is now sleeping on her big sisters bed.

Can't wait to get back out there. :rockon:

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Fished the Roach

Post by Cr0ck1 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:08 pm

Sounds like you had a good time!. Gotta love them snook! :boat:

lamehawk
Silver Contributer
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by lamehawk » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:16 pm

No other words than just F U N D A Y!
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Sounds like a great way to spend a day! Cockroach Bay has some pretty islands. Some used to be good for camping. My dad and a couple uncles got caught in a waterspout while camping out there one time back in the early 60s. They had just finished setting up camp when they heard it coming, grabbed some palm trees and held on tight! When it was over, all their stuff was gone, and nothing was left over 2 foot tall on the island! They found their boat and some tackle boxes about a half mile away.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Return to “INTERCOASTAL FISHING FORUM”