St. Johns River shrimp

Discuss all your General "Inshore" altwater fishing here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

campmaster
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

St. Johns River shrimp

Post by campmaster » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Went yesterday plenty of shrimp north of Palatka, mostly small, hope they stay and get bigger.

Stevekcmo
scout

Re: St. Johns River shrimp

Post by Stevekcmo » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:43 pm

I went out on Saturday at Green Cove Springs. The weather was great in the morning and the shrimp were a little smaller around 30 count. Found that they were in bigger groups the deeper we threw our nets. Around 25-30 feet. Caught our 5 gallons in about 2 hours. Hope this storm pushes out to sea and keeps the shrimp in the river. Lots of fun.

redneck75
scout

Post by redneck75 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:11 am

We hit the St. Johns Saturday at the mouth of Blacks Creek (Knight's Marina). Lots and lots of very large shrimp. Ended up with our 5 gallon bucket in about 20 minutes plus 2 gallon sized ziplocs stuffed full of bait-sized shrimp (too small to eat).

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:09 am

what you really mean is out of your 5 gallons you pulled to zip locks full of bait shrimp. We know you don't mean that you took 5 gallons PLUS 2 zip lock bags full. We know that was just a Freudian slip and you really did not break the law RIGHT.

Bag limit: 5 gallons heads-on per person per day, maximum possession limit of 5 gallons per vessel at any time.
Size limit: None

redneck75
scout

Post by redneck75 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:52 am

TerribleTed wrote:what you really mean is out of your 5 gallons you pulled to zip locks full of bait shrimp. We know you don't mean that you took 5 gallons PLUS 2 zip lock bags full. We know that was just a Freudian slip and you really did not break the law RIGHT.

Bag limit: 5 gallons heads-on per person per day, maximum possession limit of 5 gallons per vessel at any time.
Size limit: None
Nope, I mean we got a 5-gallon bucket of eaters plus 2 zip loc bags full of bait size, just like I said.

Limit is 5 gallons per boat. We took two boats. Now STFU!

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:38 pm

I see your grateful. I accept your apology for your rudeness. Just thought i try to stop you from getting a visit from a friend.

campmaster
scout

Post by campmaster » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:18 pm

Went to Greencove today, it was good, nice size shrimp, less than 2hrs for our bucket. Didn't have to cull many small ones.

Return to “INTERCOASTAL FISHING FORUM”