Bad Conditions Good Fishing

Discuss all your General "Inshore" altwater fishing here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Kyddvicous13
scout
Hunt or Fish: Fisher

Bad Conditions Good Fishing

Post by Kyddvicous13 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:46 am

I took the family out again last night finally, after two weeks of at least one of us having the flu we all needed to get out of the house. Got to the beach and it was blowing 20, the water was almost black, and the waves were 3 to 4 feet. Things really weren't looking up, and I wasn't looking forward to having to kayak baits out. After getting all the leaders, and baits rigged I paddled out and dropped a couple of 15lb rays, and casted a cut mullet on the 4/0 for the little man. By 8 the 4/0 had a run that im assuming was a tarpon, we landed one 5 - 6 foot bull, and my wife was broken off by two very big fish. We only landed one out of four fish, lost $80 in the two leaders and hooks, but it was worth it to be out on the beach together. We probably couldn't had action all night, but we ran out of bait, leaders, and being sand blasted all night def took its toll lol.

the release

the little man approved lol
Live Without Fear!

Kortsman
Star Scout

Re: Bad Conditions Good Fishing

Post by Kortsman » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:49 am

Awesome picture of the kid! You should frame that and give it to him when he gets older.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:12 am

I am not sure I'm man enough to hold that reel up
:crip
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Kyddvicous13
scout
Hunt or Fish: Fisher

Post by Kyddvicous13 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:06 pm

My wife fishes the same setup all 110lbs of her lol. Let the tools do the work for you. A harness and belt are def required. The reel does weigh almost 10lbs loaded
Live Without Fear!

Saulvation
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Saulvation » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:57 pm

The picture of the kid is classic!
Acts 10:13 - And a voice came to him, “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.”

Luke 5:9-11 - For he and all who were with him were astonished at the catch of fish which they had taken; and so also were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, who were partners with Simon. And Jesus said to Simon, “Do not be afraid. From now on you will catch men.” So when they had brought their boats to land, they forsook all and followed Him.

Return to “INTERCOASTAL FISHING FORUM”