South shore fishing - Red fish kinda day

Discuss all your General "Inshore" altwater fishing here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

fishindad
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

South shore fishing - Red fish kinda day

Post by fishindad » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:48 am

This post is late but its been a LONG week. Last Sun we headed out in the Gheenoe for a try at a Tampa Bay Slam. We never found the snook but the day was great anyway. Temps were great but the wind was really pushing out of the NE. What we got was a outgoing with negative low properties. There was land everywhere!

Making the best of the situation we worked the paths between the mangroves and the deeper spots / edges where the fish were staging up. That was the ticket! Baits of the day were the Zara Spook Jr (bone color), gulp on a 1/8- 1/4 oz jig head and a DOA shrimp.

The most spectacular hit of the day was the redfish hit on the spook. Holy cow. I thought that top water was going to get DESTROYED. Reel Mojo got that one and I was seriously impressed.

Net for the day, 24 trout, 9 reds and 5 flounder. We were in my 1:30. You cant beat a day like that.

Fishindad

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: South shore fishing - Red fish kinda day

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:52 pm

Nice pumpkins
:flag2
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

bodysnatcher

Re: South shore fishing - Red fish kinda day

Post by bodysnatcher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:47 am

Nice mess of fish. :fish
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Return to “INTERCOASTAL FISHING FORUM”