Couple of BIG Illinois Bucks

This is a forum to discuss all your Out Of State hunting.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:42 pm

I wish I was the one who took one or both of these bucks but I wasn't. I was at church this morning and got these pictures about 3 minutes apart on my phone. One from a friend of mine and one from my mom.

The first one is my cousin Richie who shot this big ole buck yesterday on some outfitters ranch in Loraine, Il. Not sure of the stats on him but he is big. By the way, Richie lives in Bainbridge, GA. He took my uncle up to hunt in Il this year.

The second one is my friend Alan's nephew. Again, I'm not sure of the stats but this ones a MONSTER. :eek It was taken somewhere in Northern Il yesterday as well.

On both, there has to be some kind of supplimental feeding going on. Not sure if the outfitter ranch is fenced in but man, they grow'em big up there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Star Scout

Re: Couple of BIG Illinois Bucks

Post by 30.06 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:43 pm

those are a couple bruisers!!
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

Ironcat
Second Class Scout

Post by Ironcat » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:55 pm

A buddy of mind has used that "Big Neck" outfitters. Reputable people as long as you know what you're getting into. They are a high fence operation but his only complaint was the size of the land parcels. They say they have 3000 acres or whatever but they don't tell you it's divided up into a dozen or so farms ranging from 10 to 300 acres and you get put where they decide.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:56 pm

WOW!
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout

Post by houseofmicah » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:07 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:WOW!
X2!!

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:22 pm

To me the 1st deer has a nicer looking rack, but man that 2nd one is a whopper! Look at the size of his beam beside the young man's hand. 9dawgs at least you know people that kill big deer! Deer that size could almost cause a feller to be guilty of jealousy. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Treefarmer

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:30 am

treefarmer wrote:To me the 1st deer has a nicer looking rack, but man that 2nd one is a whopper! Look at the size of his beam beside the young man's hand. 9dawgs at least you know people that kill big deer! Deer that size could almost cause a feller to be guilty of jealousy. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Treefarmer
Haha, yeah. It does stir up the ol' green monster a bit but I think if I ever went there and killed something like that it would spoil a fella on Florida deer hunting. I'll keep the smaller ones if it means I get to stay here. Besides, I don't really know how I feel about high fence hunts.

I love this state even though it appears to the rest of the country we're a bunch of loonie nobama supporters...which we are not. That may be true in the cities where most of the leeches live but it aint so for the rest of the state. Sorry to wax political...still a bit sore from last Tuesday. dang, i guess i'm highjacking my own thread.

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:22 pm

very fine
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

Return to “OUT OF STATE HUNTING FORUM”