18-Point Booner From Worth County

This is a forum to discuss all your Out Of State hunting.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

frankwt

18-Point Booner From Worth County

Post by frankwt » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm

http://www.gon.com/article.php?id=2570&cid=158

GON has confirmed that a giant buck circulated widely in emails is in fact a Worth County buck that will net better than 200 non-typical.

By Daryl Kirby
Posted Thursday November 11 2010, 3:14 PM

George Brannen (right) poses with the amazing 18-point buck he killed in Worth County on Nov. 7. The rack should net around 207 non-typical when it is officially measured in January, which would make it one of the Top-15 non-typical racked bucks ever taken in Georgia. Also pictured is Red Oak Plantation manager Brian McClure.

In this age of instant information from emails and text messages, it's common for the folks at the GON office to receive lots of photos of giant bucks supposedly killed in Georgia. Most are photos we've seen dozens of times of bucks actually from Kansas, Texas or some other state. We don't get overly excited about a photo of giant buck until we do some checking. It didn't take long to get extremely excited about an email we received Monday morning, Nov. 8.

Pictured in the photo among a group posing with the buck was Brian McClure, of Oakfield. Brian won Week 1 of the Truck-Buck contest last season, and he is the farm manager of Red Oak Plantation in Worth County. Brian confirmed that the buck came from Red Oak.

The buck, an 18-pointer, was killed the afternoon of Nov. 7 by plantation owner George Brannen, of Inverness, Fla. George was hunting a food plot when the buck stepped out.

The buck's rack is a main-frame 6x6 12-pointer with six additional abnormal points. The rack can't be officially measured until January after the required 60-day drying period, but a qualified scorer put a tape to the rack and came up with an unofficial, green net score between 205 and 208 non-typical inches. An official score in that range would place Mr. Brannen's buck among the Top-15 non-typicals ever killed in Georgia. The rack had about 10 inches of side-to-side deductions, giving it a gross score in the 215 to 218 range.

spazhogdog
Junior Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Re: 18-Point Booner From Worth County

Post by spazhogdog » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:16 pm

Wow what a deer
You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts. Reality is not a democracy.

frankwt

Post by frankwt » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:20 pm

I thought so too, had to share. I wonder if that Plantation is high-fenced, he certainly was being watched by the owner, on game cams and plot watchers

Hey hellbilly, you know this place??

davedirt
Ordeal
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by davedirt » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:24 pm

Now thats my kind of deer.............A beast. Reach around WTF..............LOL

:chain
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS
DUG IN TIGHTER THAN ALABAMA TICK

ROLL TIDE

Last year I was a hunter and not a harvester........

bodysnatcher
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by bodysnatcher » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:49 pm

Sweet deer. :toast
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Return to “OUT OF STATE HUNTING FORUM”