was told "come on up"

This is a forum to discuss all your Out Of State hunting.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

kemster99
Eagle Scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

was told "come on up"

Post by kemster99 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:15 pm

grandparents told me today that i need to get up to our family farm next deer season. deer are getting out of hand. lol . might have to look into it. Michigan's out of state tags arn't to bad.
#### Who's your daddy----Hunt Team####

redneck75
scout

Re: was told "come on up"

Post by redneck75 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:29 am

Yes sir, I think I would jump at that opportunity if I was you! Sounds like a great opportunity to fill a freezer!

TimE1
Patrol Leader

Post by TimE1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:29 am

So when are we leaving? :shifty

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:50 am

Go get them. :toast :rockon :rockon
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

redneck75
scout

Post by redneck75 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:03 am

HogDaddy wrote:
redneck75 wrote:Yes sir, I think I would jump at that opportunity if I was you! Sounds like a great opportunity to fill a freezer!
Dang redneck75! That's the biggest goat I'v ever seen you are posing beside in your profile pic but it sure has a ugly face!

:cowboy

Yeah, that one was a beast. He lives on the living room wall now! :rockon

kemster99
Eagle Scout

Post by kemster99 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:12 pm

grew up hunting that farm. deer, pheasant, grouse, rabbits. nobody has really hunted that place since i left michigan in 1990. my dad has turkey hunted it the last couple years, but that is it.

shdw633
scout

Post by shdw633 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:49 am

kemster99 wrote:grew up hunting that farm. deer, pheasant, grouse, rabbits. nobody has really hunted that place since i left michigan in 1990. my dad has turkey hunted it the last couple years, but that is it.
What part of Michigan did you grow up in. I was born and raised in Michigan and plan on going up there next season for some hunting with friends and relatives as well!!
A great man once said, "It is better to have loved and lost than to be told you can't go hunting"

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:08 pm

used to hunt saginaw area-west branch, rose city,alger. deer get awful big up there. but u gotta' make sure u have permission to hunt where ever u r.

kemster99
Eagle Scout

Post by kemster99 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:58 am

shdw633 wrote:
kemster99 wrote:grew up hunting that farm. deer, pheasant, grouse, rabbits. nobody has really hunted that place since i left michigan in 1990. my dad has turkey hunted it the last couple years, but that is it.
What part of Michigan did you grow up in. I was born and raised in Michigan and plan on going up there next season for some hunting with friends and relatives as well!!
grew up in St. Clair Shores. on Lake St. Clair. just north of Grosse Point. Our farm is up in the thumb.

shdw633
scout

Post by shdw633 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:52 am

kemster99 wrote:
shdw633 wrote:
grew up in St. Clair Shores. on Lake St. Clair. just north of Grosse Point. Our farm is up in the thumb.
I know that area, I was born in Lapeer and all my relatives are in that Flint, Lapeer, North Branch and Brown City area.
A great man once said, "It is better to have loved and lost than to be told you can't go hunting"

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:59 am

I hunted in Mi 2 years ago and got a big doe,could have shot a few more. Also screwed up on a good buck. Only thing bad I'd say is that it's shotgun or muzzloader only,no rifles. I did love hunting in the snow would like to go back again someday. Here's a view from my stand Image

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:02 am

Here's my doe and my friends spike. Image

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:18 am

That pic is a classic dude....white Hi-tops in the snow, a redneck deer hanger on a dead pine limb, and an ole 50's model truck out in the woods
:flag2

Americana at its finest
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:42 pm

I don't think they were hi-tops but I was hunting in my snake boots. There was all kinds of old farm equipment lying around there. I say Kemster brings us all up there to meet his folks.BTW, I am now the proud owner of a hi-teck,state of the art ,hitch skinning rack.

shdw633
scout

Post by shdw633 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:10 pm

I just love the size of their deer! There is nothing like walking up on a couple of hundred pounds of deer in the snow, some with heads as big as cows!! Can't wait for next year to get here!!!

Return to “OUT OF STATE HUNTING FORUM”