Starting a new Hunting project

This is a forum to discuss all your Out Of State hunting.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

tap1912
scout

Re: Starting a new Hunting project

Post by tap1912 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:00 am

Triple Creek Reaper wrote:It's looking good. It would be nice to stuff all of my hunting gear in there and not have to pack and unpack it out of my garage.
My thoughts exactly! I can just leave all my gear in it park under barn just hook up and leave. also great to put all luggage and bow's/firearms in and lock it up not have to worry about hitting rain. it's a long ride to Ga. and then to Ohio.

tap1912
scout

Post by tap1912 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:51 am

oh! triple creek I wanted to let you know I incorporated the ladder racks into the rack I just noticed they didnt show up in the pictures they will work great thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by DONY1 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:17 pm

Great job tap. That's perfect for a road trip. :toast

If they have another one of those for sale let me know.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:22 pm

Looks good, but how does it pull? I had an 8' utility trailer and it was more difficult to pull than a 22' boat. Due to the small size it had a terrible sway to it and would be under your truck in a blink if you cut the wheel too sharp backing it up
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:Looks good, but how does it pull? I had an 8' utility trailer and it was more difficult to pull than a 22' boat. Due to the small size it had a terrible sway to it and would be under your truck in a blink if you cut the wheel too sharp backing it up
Use to have the same problem with my dad's work truck pulling his mortar mixer. I hated backing that thing up attached, I would just drop it and manually roll it into position. The biggest problem was people coming from the opposite direction trying to make sharp turns behind the truck in traffic and not seeing the mixer back there. I can't tell you how many times we thought we were going to have to pull it out of someone's windshield.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

tap1912
scout

Post by tap1912 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:34 am

I was worried about that too. I bought it in Ft. Lauderdale and pulled it back home to Palm beach county. about 1hr. trip up the turnpike I could not tell it was behind me. ( it was empty) it is made by cargo trailers so it was prof. built. usually the swaying is from an improperly positioned axel for your load. too much weight in the back. we will see on friday. leaving for Ohio for a week of killing. up their I dont call it huntin I call it killin. hope everybody has a safe and great hunting season I have been enjoying the story's already. will have some hopefully in a couple of weeks.

tap1912
scout

Post by tap1912 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:36 am

Just got back from Ohio trip and the new trailer worked flawlessly, Tracked perflectly behind truck fully loaded had 5 treestands straped to the top and the interior packed to the door. the weather was horrible constant 20 mph wind with gusts up to 45 everyday it was like trying to hunt in a hurricane. and rained everyday. it really hurt the hunting I shot 2 does my son shot one doe. our group ended up taking home 6 deer no big bucks out of 9 people. one big buck was seen and was too far. saw a lot of small bucks had to pass on them only allowed one buck and 5 does. we saw more small bucks than does. which is very unusual.

Now back in Georgia it was much nicer as we got back in town they had their first cool front high 30's which was just enough to throw the bucks in the mood the opening day of gun season Oct. 22 on our way to the lease we saw at least 15 bucks on the side of the road chasing does, In the stand that morning my buddy who sat 500 yrd from me saw ten bucks crossing a clear cut and my son who was 500 yds on the other side had 2 nice 7 points chase does right past him and ofcoarse I saw nothing. but my son killed both 7 points which was worth me not seeing any.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:57 am

All and all, sounds like a great trip. I bet your son was pretty stoked.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
EST 2013

tap1912
scout

Post by tap1912 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:33 pm

It has been finished for a while know, Not much else I can do to it. I put a 12 vlt. power point in side along with a dome light and a battery powered lcd dome light and also a gun rack.

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:36 pm

That looks out standing. :toast
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:38 pm

tap1912 wrote:It has been finished for a while know, Not much else I can do to it.

Never say never my friend. Time to move onto creature comforts. I am thinking.....perhaps a keg-a-rator with a tap out the side for ease in dispensing some golden soda.

By the way, love the finishing touches with paint and camo.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
EST 2013

DONY1

Post by DONY1 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:03 pm

That is really sweet. Very nice job. Putting this on my list. :toast

Devinv
scout

Post by Devinv » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:23 pm

Not gonna lie, kinda jealous. Looks good.

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout

Post by houseofmicah » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:56 pm

you guys must pack really light to fit all your stuff in that trailer. 4 of us hunted indiana last year and had a 12' enclosed trailer stuffed. between coolers, stands, clothes, bows, cooking equipment as we were not sure what kind of facilites we would have at our disposal. the bed of the truck was mostly empty, til we hit bps in cincy. and then it was full on the way home with a xl dog crate with a couple goats in it. that being said, i think we could have gotten away with a smaller trailer though, one of the guys in our group brings basically everything he can fit on a trip 'just in case'. that trailer of yours came out really nice, not over done, looks very practical.

DONY1

Post by DONY1 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:26 pm

Well I found one. Gonna check it out tomorrow. Not as cheap as this one but it will work.

Return to “OUT OF STATE HUNTING FORUM”