made a few

This is a form to dicsuss all your Taxidermy and show off your mounts!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

bellyacher
First Class Scout

made a few

Post by bellyacher » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:36 pm

Had a few euros sitting around doing nothing. So I did something. Found some old cypress fence panels in the woods cut them down and made a small panel. I cut down the skull to just a skull cap and mounted. Had this 1/4 sawed peace of ash sitting around for a few years so I made another. Had the brass plates made of were and when deer was taken
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be polite, be professional, BUT have a plan to kill everybody you meet

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: made a few

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:38 am

Looks good! Ive been trying to find a good ga lease with no luck.

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:37 pm

Great job man! I like the euro mounts. One of these days I'm going to get one done. :>) I have to kill something worth mounting though!!

jtcmedic
Troop Guide

Post by jtcmedic » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:42 am

Very cool ,
DUTY, PRIDE, TRADITION

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:38 pm

bellyacher,
Thanks for showing this type of mount. If I may, I'd like to back up what you have posted and displayed here on FOHAF.
My father-in-law showed me how to cut antlers to create the same as you are showing 50 years ago this coming November. He said it was easy to do and it cost nothing to create a nice looking display without spending a lot on taxidermy work.
So many folks just discard the antlers because the cost of professional work, maybe because it's not a "big boy". I always figured if a buck was killed, he ought to be remembered for more than being made into the best wild meat there is. We always try to get a picture and then save the antlers as you've described.
I have several sets of antlers in our living room and with over 50 years of deer huntin', I have only one shoulder mount, the rest are mounted as you have described. Some on single board plaques, several on some salvaged heart cypress boards from an old friends demolished home place and many, many more simply screwed to the utility room wall at ceiling height. Then there are wads of them out in my shop, wired to meat hooks but all have been cut where they could be mounted on a plaque or directly to a wall.
Here are a few pictures showing how some of them look.
Treefarmer
2016-07-03 001 009r.jpg
2016-07-03 001 010r.jpg
2016-07-03 001 014r.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

betio
scout

Re: RE: Re: made a few

Post by betio » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:16 pm

treefarmer wrote:bellyacher,
Thanks for showing this type of mount. If I may, I'd like to back up what you have posted and displayed here on FOHAF.
My father-in-law showed me how to cut antlers to create the same as you are showing 50 years ago this coming November. He said it was easy to do and it cost nothing to create a nice looking display without spending a lot on taxidermy work.
So many folks just discard the antlers because the cost of professional work, maybe because it's not a "big boy". I always figured if a buck was killed, he ought to be remembered for more than being made into the best wild meat there is. We always try to get a picture and then save the antlers as you've described.
I have several sets of antlers in our living room and with over 50 years of deer huntin', I have only one shoulder mount, the rest are mounted as you have described. Some on single board plaques, several on some salvaged heart cypress boards from an old friends demolished home place and many, many more simply screwed to the utility room wall at ceiling height. Then there are wads of them out in my shop, wired to meat hooks but all have been cut where they could be mounted on a plaque or directly to a wall.
Here are a few pictures showing how some of them look.
Treefarmer
2016-07-03 001 009r.jpg
2016-07-03 001 010r.jpg
2016-07-03 001 014r.jpg
Those are some fine looking bucks!

"we quell the storm and ride the thunder"-betio bastards

bellyacher
First Class Scout

Post by bellyacher » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:28 pm

Treefarmer, Thanks for the input. That's how use poor boys have to do it. I do not have any deer taxidermy mounts. Those 2 are the 2 biggest Ive ever got. If I ever get a 8pt or larger Ill have it mounted. I also have these hangin around and a few others here n there, I too beleave all deer Ive taken evens does are trophies to me.
Be polite, be professional, BUT have a plan to kill everybody you meet

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:58 pm

Looks good.. gotta get my woods truck done so i can go get me some wall hangers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “TAXIDERMY”