Looking to Buy.......

A place to discuss General Hunting Subjects like hunting stories, And General stuff to do with hunting.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

eaj1010
scout

Looking to Buy.......

Post by eaj1010 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:40 pm

I am looking to purchase a two seat Tripod stand. New or used. Do any of you know where in Pasco, Hernando, Pinellas or Hillsborough County that I can find one. Or if any of you have one for sale let me know please!

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Looking to Buy.......

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:30 am

2 man tripods are hard to find. I know Family Traditions makes one, but you are going to pay a small fortune for one.

If you have access to a welder you can make one fairly simple. Reason I say this is because a buddy of mine had one made. He had a single man tripod that the top railing and seat were wore out. He took a 2 man ladder stand and had the top of it cut off and welded and configured to fit the tripod. Turned out very nice, but heavy. Only down fall is you can't rotate like you do in a regular tripod as you are sitting on a bench seat.

Midway farm and ranch (54 and 41 NE corner) sells the box stands made from EMT conduit. They are a bit pricey but may fit what you need. I am going to buy one this summer
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

eaj1010
scout

Post by eaj1010 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:31 pm

Thank you sir. I contacted Family Traditions and he called me back with a few locations that sell the specific stand I am looking for. I am going to go by midway and check out their stands also. Thank you for the help.

Forester
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Forester » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:08 pm

They had a two man tripod stand at Academy. Might be something that they have to get from another store if they don't have one in stock.

Return to “GENERAL HUNTING DISCUSSION FORUM”