Lease near Perry

A place to discuss General Hunting Subjects like hunting stories, And General stuff to do with hunting.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

kitespear
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Lease near Perry

Post by kitespear » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:36 pm

I am looking at leasing some land near Shady grove, its Foley timber land leased by narrow way hunt club, any one have any thoughts or advice on the area. the area is just northeast of the hollis hunt club area. it will be 100-200acres for just my daughter and I, after being almost sucessful a handful of times on public land last season,she hopes to get her first kill this season. I know there are others that lease land in the same area but this is the only club I could find nearby. Your thoughts and opinions are much appreciated.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Lease near Perry

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:11 pm

That's in the old "San Pedro Bay" area. Probably mostly planted pines of various ages, clear cuts, bay heads and scattered hard woods. Probably a ton of hogs, a few bears and some pretty good deer
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

FLQuacker
Second Class Scout

Post by FLQuacker » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:19 am

It's where I was last year...right where you're talking about. WET,WET,WET.

A hundred bears.

Killed a 4 pt in muzzle loader. Big body deer. Pinned by a bigger deer in archery...saw 3-4 bucks during gen gun never got a shot on.

Saw more bucks than does.

Lot of hogs too.

Had issues with the gate lock all year...4 or 5 clubs with all different locks. Got locked out/in numerous times. (off 221) Theres a way thru the woods back around to Hiway 14 that's about 12 miles out of the way.

doghunter
Star Scout

Post by doghunter » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:11 am

Thick nasty woods, good bucks though.
Team 'Tree Top Assassins'

Return to “GENERAL HUNTING DISCUSSION FORUM”