FROGGIN'

A place to discuss General Hunting Subjects like hunting stories, And General stuff to do with hunting.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

ShotshellRebel83
scout
Hunt or Fish: Fisher

FROGGIN'

Post by ShotshellRebel83 » Fri May 09, 2014 10:16 am

Hey guys looking for a productive place to gig in south fl that is accessible by land. Canals, lakes ect... thank u

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: FROGGIN'

Post by drgn4sr » Fri May 09, 2014 11:29 pm

without a boat, you will be gigging water moccasins.

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Mon May 12, 2014 7:45 pm

One of the worst days of fishing turned out to be one of the best froggin' days as a kid with my dad. We went fishing in the hunting woods in a small pond that we had caught fish in before. As we paddled around the pond fishing we noticed several frogs. The fish had lock jaw and we couldn't buy a bite. My dad and I made the comment that we wished that we had a frog gig. Not having anything to gig them with my dad brought up the fact of a show that we had seen on PBS of an oriental man danggling a red cork in front of them and they would hop toward it until he could just dip them up in a net. So he dug around in the tackle box until he found a red worm and a small trebble hook. We tied it on a pole and danggled it in front of them. We caught several that day seems like around 40 and everyone right before they jumpped on it they would croke. If you every are fishing and see several frogs try it and you'll see that I'm not crazy.

:saluting
Bossman

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Mon May 12, 2014 9:26 pm

up north-new England-Dad would put a piece of red cloth on a hook and dangle it in front of the frog. He always did well. good eatin'

ShotshellRebel83
scout
Hunt or Fish: Fisher

Post by ShotshellRebel83 » Wed May 14, 2014 9:21 am

Is the taste different from frogs gigged in neighborhood ponds and retention ponds?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Return to “GENERAL HUNTING DISCUSSION FORUM”