coyote meeting

A place to discuss General Hunting Subjects like hunting stories, And General stuff to do with hunting.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

treefarmer
Ordeal

coyote meeting

Post by treefarmer » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:54 pm

Y'all see this? A community meeting in Orlando on coyotes,"How to coexist with coyotes". Check this out at MyFWC.com/media/2675483/Living-With-Urban-Coytes.pdf :rolleyes
Treefarmer

sam03
Ordeal

Re: coyote meeting

Post by sam03 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:53 am

:chain
I like animals, they are tasty!

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:17 pm

Florida needs an overhaul of game management from top to bottom. It's kinda sad that there is pretty much zero predator planning at all. I see hunting shows all the time of coyote hunting. None in Fla. I average killing 20-25 hogs a year in my lease. This year so far I have killed 2, and my buddy has killed 2. Game cam pics show they are just not there. I had 3 preggo sows at one feeder and they disappeared. I see yotes on cam (1-3 pics per cam per week) and I ma sure they are wiping the pigs out as soon as they drop.
I am just not sure what the answer is......
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Sam seems to have one answer :chain , that's the way we do when we see one. I've never tried to hunt coyotes intentionally but if one shows up during deer season, he'll have a rifle ball comin' his way.
I guess urban coyotes are more civilized than rural coyotes, seein' how they eat cats, maybe they ain't all bad. :rolleyes
Treefarmer

sam03
Ordeal

Post by sam03 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:37 pm

I think the pigs should get the same treatment. :chain

I haven't seen any yota but I hear them all the time if I do see any they are getting a free dirt nap.
I like animals, they are tasty!

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:52 pm

I hear they are trapping the h#ll out of em on the Mormon ranch now, the Mormon have always made the lease holders responsible for dealing with them but they have gotten so bad they have brought in trappers to do the job. I imagine their calf population is getting hit hard.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Return to “GENERAL HUNTING DISCUSSION FORUM”