No fish-tangled lines

Discuss all of your General "Offshore" fishing here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

No fish-tangled lines

Post by drgn4sr » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Went out Hillsboro Inlet(Pompano Beach) on Tuesday. Cost $40. should have guessed from the price how bad it was going to be. I was on a drift boat with about 12 people. Very few fish, 4 yellow tail, 1keeper red snapper, 1 hog snapper and 2 bonita. Only keepers for 4 hours. went out about 2 miles and started fishing ..er tangling lines. Couple next to me never fished before. When moving the boat the mate helped her reel her line in...had a yellow tail on it and she did not know it.(one of the keepers) The earned his $10 tip there. really pretty bad. but the most entertaining thing was this. the captain was on the bow fishing and he dropped his wallet in the water. Well guess what "well equipped" boat does not have a net???? The mate and captain were trying to gaff $5 and $10 dollar bills as the floated down the side of the boat. He got the wallet and it had a $100 in it. The was the "pool" dollars he had to replace. First time I went "fishing for dollars". Game show??? live and learn. :fish :clap

drgn4sr

Re: No fish-tangled lines

Post by drgn4sr » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:26 pm

by the way, I caught a chub and a small grunt. 4 hours.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:55 pm

I've never been on a party boat. If I ever do, I am going on one of the ones out of Hubbard's Marina. They go to the middle grounds and absolutely kill the fish
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

drgn4sr

Post by drgn4sr » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:09 pm

where is Hubbard's Marina

drgn4sr

Post by drgn4sr » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:11 pm

got it off Mederia beach

Batemaster
Tenderfoot

Post by Batemaster » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:00 pm

If you ever get a chance to make it to Key West, check out the Yankee Capt. Dry Tortugas fishing at its finest for 2-3 day trips.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:38 am

My wife and I killed it out of Bud & Mary's in Islamorada. Try hard to get a spot on the back rail, my wife got a spot because somebody canceled and cleaned up on the yellowtail that congregate behind the boat on the chum slicks.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Kortsman
Star Scout

Post by Kortsman » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:51 am

Batemaster wrote:If you ever get a chance to make it to Key West, check out the Yankee Capt. Dry Tortugas fishing at its finest for 2-3 day trips.
I've seen some pics and read stories about the Yankee Capt trips. Those guys come back with some monster mutton snapper and grouper. The regulars that go on that trip usually each bring 2-3 marine coolers for their fish.

Batemaster
Tenderfoot

Post by Batemaster » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:43 pm

Yes sir that is correct. I have done one trip and your first is a learning experience for sure. It was worth the money and you WILL learn a lot. There is a reason those guys come back with monster muttons, gags, and black grouper. They KNOW how to fish, and will share their knowledge with you. I am talking about the "regulars" on the boat as well as the captain himself.

Star Scout

Post by 30.06 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:39 pm

i have been out of hubbards a few times only once was i impressed. the short trips you catch a few grunts. the middlegrounds trips are overnighters, and yeah you can catch some fish on them. but the short trips are for the tourists.
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

Return to “DEEP SEA FISHING FORUM”