3/25/2011

Discuss all of your General "Offshore" fishing here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

bodysnatcher
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

3/25/2011

Post by bodysnatcher » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:41 pm

Going to try to get me some Grunts on Friday. Will post picks (I hope) latter. :fish
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: 3/25/2011

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:22 am

Well???????????????
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:54 am

Man was I beat yesterday when I got home. This was the first time since last years 4th of July weekend that I have been fishing. I've been on this boat a few times before and have always came home with a stringer full of grunts and snapper. Now with saying that you know I would have to be do a bad trip. I left the camera at home so no pic's.. I went out with on of my co-workers and we set our rods up with chicken rig's in hope of loading up on the grunt's and snapper's. The Captain worked his tail off putting us on the fish but we could not get them to bite. My buddy got 1 red grouper that might have made size but since they are off limits back he went. I hit 4 grunts. a under size gag, and on one drop with the chicken rig I caught 2 remora's that were both about 30 in. long. So their will be no fish fry but it still was a ton of fun getting out and wetting a line.
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:51 am

sounds fun even though the fish didnot want to bite good
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:54 pm

I can't vouch for down where you are, but up N Fl the grunts and sea bass don't really turn on good till April. I went once in March last year and barely dirtied the fish cooler. I went 2x in April and slayed them on the same spots
They are like deer n hogs, they move around a lot
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:34 pm

I know 3 of the 7 spot's we stopped on the screen was lit up with fish. We just could not get them to bite.

Return to “DEEP SEA FISHING FORUM”